Sending out spam mail [resolved]

eXPerience

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

I know i haven't been the most active user (i know i know). But I've been busy lately with private life. Anyway, I'm here cause i need some help.

My sister has an issue where her company email (a nucleus account) is apparently getting used to send spam email repeatedly. Changing the password has no effect as i've tried multiple times. Sadly I can't implement additional security features as they're not available.
The e-mail account is accessed from 2 pc's and an iphone, all clean if you ask Avast, Malwarebytes, Comodo, Hitman Pro, Hijackthis.
I've used Icesword to check for rootkits and keyloggers, but all to no avail.

so case cut short, what am I missing ? How is this happening and what can i do to prevent it?

Thank you guys,
eXp

Attachments

• 1.txt
    40 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.txt
    63.2 KB · Views: 94

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey eXp :D
What has happen?Did you manage to get infected with a backdoor trojan or was a spoofed address?
And how did you fix it? Changed your passwords or? Also, what email service were you using?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.