Question SentinelOne can not set multiple policy?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
QQ截图20230718111756.jpg

When I click on the policy option, I can only edit the settings directly. I don't find the option to create a new policy and associate it to some of the devices.
For example, I want device A to have only Static AI turned on and device B to have all protection turned on, which doesn't look like it can be done?
Has anyone tried this? This is a bit strange in an enterprise product.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I have a question about SentinelOne (I am not familiar with its capabilities as I couldn’t find a reseller till recently). Apart from all wonderful NGAV capabilities, what else is included? Does it offer web filtering and anti-phishing as well?

@ShenguiTurmi on top it says “Revert to default inherited policy”. This suggests that there is another place for managing policies as well. Did you check everywhere?

Edit:
Watch this video from the 4th minute onwards to learn about policy and asset management.

Last edited:

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
I have a question about SentinelOne (I am not familiar with its capabilities as I couldn’t find a reseller till recently). Apart from all wonderful NGAV capabilities, what else is included? Does it offer web filtering and anti-phishing as well?

@ShenguiTurmi on top it says “Revert to default inherited policy”. This suggests that there is another place for managing policies as well. Did you check everywhere?

Edit:
Watch this video from the 4th minute onwards to learn about policy and asset management.

I can't access youtube because of regional restrictions, but I just got help from another S1 user. Editing the policy directly won't work, but you can create a device group and then set the policy for the device group.
Anyway thanks for the help.
S1 has nothing good on NGAV and no anti-phishing. But they can rolling back the behaviour of malicious programs (not just for ransomware). As well as EDR which is second only to Cybereason for visibility in the MITRE 2022 test.

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016

Edit:

I assume it does not have features like antiphising and web filtering, Harmony is a more complete solution.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Rolling back the behaviour is something many do, even McAfee and Webroot. SentinelOne uses a lot of fancy terms and trademarks across their website but nothing really explains the capabilities well, it’s just a lot of marketing fluff.
The rollback seems to refer only to ransomware recovery and automatic group remediation as Symantec calls it.

I think I will pass on SentinelOne, nothing to see and learn there.

Last edited:

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Rolling back the behaviour is something many do, even McAfee and Webroot. SentinelOne uses a lot of fancy terms and trademarks across their website but nothing really explains the capabilities well, it’s just a lot of marketing fluff.
The rollback seems to refer only to ransomware recovery and automatic group remediation as Symantec calls it.

I think I will pass on SentinelOne, nothing to see and learn there.
In addition to SentinelOne, I provided WithSecure for @Shadowra to test, and WithSecure seems to do less than SentinelOne. :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.