Not open for further replies.

Wingman

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 6, 2017
its unmanaged client

Hi @A.S.K

there is no option to do public/home -one stop-setting that would reconfigure your firewall. As SEP is targeting enterprise customers, you will have to manually configure the firewall rules to match your needs. This can be done other automatically (if an application wants access the firewall will notify you ) or manually (attached)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: A.S.K

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
ASK- there is a world of difference between Managed and Unmanaged, trust me on that. Although there are many that think it's cool to run SEP on their Home system as an Unmanaged client, I can assure you that any protection expectations that you may have are gravely misplaced.

And even the Managed System, set up by Symantec themselves has issues with Scriptors; as folks from Home Depot, Target, etc can attest.

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
ASK- there is a world of difference between Managed and Unmanaged, trust me on that. Although there are many that think it's cool to run SEP on their Home system as an Unmanaged client, I can assure you that any protection expectations that you may have are gravely misplaced.

And even the Managed System, set up by Symantec themselves has issues with Scriptors; as folks from Home Depot, Target, etc can attest.
well, i'm running version 14 in one of my home computers and to be honest it has one of the best performances of any product i'v ever seen.
super light, and so powerful it did not miss even a single threat and the settings are configurable to a good margin. you said there is a diffrence in managed and unmaged protection wise ? is that correct? i know some simple rules can only be configured using the agent but they are not so important and not suitable for home usage. so far there is no bug i could see.
Difference between a managed Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Client and an Unmanaged SEP Client.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
D

Deleted member 178

you said there is a diffrence in managed and unmaged protection wise ? is that correct? i know some simple rules can only be configured using the agent but they are not so important and not suitable for home usage. so far there is no bug i could see.
Yep there is a huge one : unmanaged doesn't have the application control.

Reactions: Game Of Thrones
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.