Battle SEP vs SEPC

trujax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
Currently utilizing SEP, but I am curious if anyone has experience with both and can share any possible advantages of moving to SEPC. I understand that I would lose a great deal of “tweak-ability”.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
My father is using a SEPC. I gave to him. Really light and powerful product but...

8.png

I hate this NS service. Probably doing nothing, some Microsoft compatible crap.. anyway, I hate that. Because this product is Symantec Endpoint.. Not Norton.

I prefer SEP Managed Version. It's a pure Symantec.

E

Eddie Morra

I hate this NS service. Probably doing nothing, some Microsoft compatible crap.. anyway, I hate that. Because this product is Symantec Endpoint.. Not Norton.
Right click -> Go to details -> Right click again -> Properties -> Details tab.

This may lead to more context into what the service is actually for (if you're lucky) like what the WSC abbreviation stands for.

Reactions: FALLEN

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
Right click -> Go to details -> Right click again -> Properties -> Details tab.

This may lead to more context into what the service is actually for (if you're lucky) like what the WSC abbreviation stands for.
I'm currently not using SEPC but I think it's Windows Security Centre (WSC).

Reactions: Eddie Morra

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I run a small business, 2 of them actually, 1 with my son, so eligible to use small business, at the moment we have a variety of different AV's including ESET, KIS & Norton. We have a variety of machines including WIN 10 laptops & Desk + a couple or so of MACS. As I end up with the job of keeping things safe we really need to consolidate from the mish-mash of AV's to a console based system where I don't need to visit the office (known as World Headquarters :)) each time there is an issue. What do you ll recommend I try as there is trial? 10 units would be plenty at the moment but we are doing quite well so not sure what the future hold. Don't shoot me down in flames please. Eventually we need an IT person but not needed yet.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
D

Deleted member 178

SEP managed is good for SMB, good AV and BB, excellent firewall, and SRP on top. Sure you may encounter some bugs, i had a minor one about updates (maybe it is fixed now) , but overall it is worth the shot.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.