Always notify
Malware samples
Yes - Malware samples are downloaded to a VM
Real-time Malware protection
Microsoft Defender
Firewall protection
Microsoft Defender Firewall
RTP configuration
1. ConfigureDefender with Protection Level set to High + some additional changes including Cloud Protection Level set to Block, Cloud Check Timeout to 60s, "Block process creations originating from PSExec and WMI commands" set to On.

2. Hard_Configurator with "Windows_10_MT_Windows_Security_hardening" profile + few custom changes.

3. Firewall Hardening with all LOLBins blocked.
Periodic scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
VPN and Privacy
Proton VPN free
Browser(s) and Add-ons
Browser: Firefox and Microsoft Edge

uBlock Origin Hard mode with custom changes
ClearURLs
Cookie AutoDelete
Bitwarden - Free Password Manager
Checker Plus for Gmail
Enhancer for YouTube
Minimal Scrollbar
TrafficLight (Occasional)
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner portable
Photos and Files backup
Mega.nz
Google Drive
Google Photos
File backup schedule
Manually managed on a monthly basis
Backup and rollback
Macrium Reflect Free
Backup schedule
Manually managed on a yearly basis
Activity usage
  1. Generic web browsing
  2. Working from home
  3. Computer games
  4. Streaming audio and video content from the Internet
  5. Testing the limits of security software
Computer hardware
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H ULTRA Durable
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with RX Vega 11 Graphics
Ram: Team Dark Z 2x8 GB = 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz Gaming Ram
Storage: Transcend 110S 512GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD, 500 GB Hitachi HDD
Your changelog
11.10.2020: Replaced motherboard "ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0" with "Gigabyte B450M S2H ULTRA Durable"
21.10.20: Upgraded to Windows 10 20H2
23.10.20: Replaced Microsoft Defender and related tools Configure_Defender, Firewall Hardening with ESET Internet Security 14.0.21.0
24.10.20: Replaced ESET IS with Microsoft Defender
27.10.20: Replaced Microsoft Defender with Kaspersky Free
30.10.20: Back to Microsoft Defender, Added Adguard Home for DNS over QUIC
01.11.20: Disabled Adguard Home

plat1098

Level 22
Verified
I kept losing space on my C drive, not sure why.

Same also. Why, where does it go? It's not even due to a cumulative update, though yesterday for Insiders build 19042.610, Disk Cleanup claimed 4.27 GB of space could be recovered but ultimately only got back 3 GB. Still out the same amt total as you: 4GB and TreeSize doesn't yield a clue this time.

:"System Reserved" which is usually around 7 GB was deleted long ago.

SeriousHoax

Level 32
Verified
Same also. Why, where does it go? It's not even due to a cumulative update, though yesterday for Insiders build 19042.610, Disk Cleanup claimed 4.27 GB of space could be recovered but ultimately only got back 3 GB. Still out the same amt total as you: 4GB and TreeSize doesn't yield a clue this time.

:"System Reserved" which is usually around 7 GB was deleted long ago.
What's going on! I disabled system reserved on mine as Windows keeps this space so that the system don't run out of space while updating but I always have more than 25 gb free on drive C so I don't need it.
Same here on disk cleanup. It cleans less than it actually shows it's capable of. This is probably true on every system. But where's the rest is going! Who's eating that! :cautious:

security123

Level 27
Verified
What's going on! I disabled system reserved on mine as Windows keeps this space so that the system don't run out of space while updating but I always have more than 25 gb free on drive C so I don't need it.
Same here on disk cleanup. It cleans less than it actually shows it's capable of. This is probably true on every system. But where's the rest is going! Who's eating that! :cautious:
Funny how nowadays people care about such things. Did that really matter?
In my opinion it isn't until the system run stable.

SeriousHoax

Level 32
Verified
In my opinion it isn't until the system run stable.
It matters because, even though I have enough space on drive C, some other users may not. I have system reserved storage disabled but if that was enabled I would have a red mark on C drive now in File explorer which is not something I would like to see daily. There must be some explanation what Windows is doing with that space so it's worth investigating.

plat1098

Level 22
Verified

Well....I look at it this way: if you had five dollars in your pocket and then went to take the money out and you discovered you only had four dollars and fifty cents, wouldn't you seriously wonder about that? :D

It's not that one can't spare those GBs of space, it's more like: hey wait, where are my GBs, Microsoft? Give them back, you didn't have my permission!

security123

Level 27
Verified
Well....I look at it this way: if you had five dollars in your pocket and then went to take the money out and you discovered you only had four dollars and fifty cents, wouldn't you seriously wonder about that? :D

It's not that one can't spare those GBs of space, it's more like: hey wait, where are my GBs, Microsoft? Give them back, you didn't have my permission!
How much GB space use your Windows ?

SeriousHoax

Level 32
Verified
You can be the sleuth, it’s not like M$ has a clue where that space is going. I have had this issue before. For some inexplicable reason space evaporates.
First of all thanks for teaching me a new word. I didn't know the meaning of sleuth. Turns out there's even a 1972 movie with the name with 96% rating on rotten tomatoes starring My Cocaine oops! I mean Michael Caine.
I haven't managed to find what's causing this yet. Maybe it's dark matter. We can only feel its present but can't detect 👀