Pros
  • -Nice,simple UI
    -Light on system
    -Easy to use
    -It doesnt slow system down while using it
CONS
-Nothing so far.
BOTTOM LINE
Shadow defender is perfect software for someone who tests out software.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hi guys, here's my Shadow Defender review :)

Shadow Defender is a comprehensive and reliable software solution designed to protect your computer from malware, viruses and a variety of other threats that can influence and change your system's settings and contents.

In essence, the utility is fairly simple to understand. It creates a clone of your original PC, using all or just one user-defined system drives when entering what is called 'Shadow Mode', similar to a virtual environment. This way, any alterations, attacks or settings were applied in 'Shadow Mode', will be instantly discarded when switching it off.

Shadow Defender provides you with two methods of going into 'Shadow Mode', namely 'Exit Shadow Mode at Shutdown' and 'Enter Shadow Mode on Boot', enabling you to select whichever you prefer best.

Shadow Defender prevents any permanent damage from being afflicted on your computer, so regardless of the activities you perform, files you download or documents you modify, when exiting 'Shadow Mode', they will instantly be reverted to their initial state.

However, the program allows you to specify certain folders and files that will be excluded from 'Shadow Mode', thus keeping any changes you might have made, even when exiting from this protection environment, and committing them to the original volume automatically. Similarly, you can add one or more 'Registry' items to the exclusion list, thus applying all modifications to them.

Additionally, Shadow Defender offers a manual method of permanently saving a file or change to the volume, specifically by using the 'Commit Now' function. This can be found in the program's interface, but it also integrates into your context menu, enabling you to right-click the item you want to save and select the 'Commit by Shadow Defender' option.

To summarize, Shadow Defender is an interesting application that provides you with a new means of protecting your PC both from virus attacks and their negative influence on your system's files.

However, Shadow Defender is not free and if you want program that does same job, you can use TimeFreeze by Toolwiz.

Here's short video about it :

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Malware Test, thank you for the well written review and it's companion video which was both interesting and informative. Well done!:)

Reactions: Kent and Warrior

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Great software i have had it a while now,never lets me down. :cool:

Reactions: Warrior

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
You should make a comparison between the two since you suggested TimeFreeze which is free. ;)
Nice, will keep this in mind.

Reactions: Warrior

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Great test Malware Test thank you

Shadow Defender is truly great software, but ifs not bullet proof nothing is bullet proof
re my New Member Introductions on Sep 3, 2014

:) Hi all its nice to be here,
looking for your thoughts,
I been watching the thread about Tiranium Internet security for a while, so I said i give it a try, and discovered something interesting,
I use shadow defender , and when I ran Tiranium's red alert mode , it broke shadow defender and resulted in the pc been stunk in safe mode., I repeated this twice with shadow defender v.519 and 553 same result,
I seen shadow defender stand up to many malware and and have run and tested out many programs in shadow mode , Tiranium is the first program I seen to break shadow mode so well ..
thankfully I always have a image backup just in case .

Re TimeFreeze the issue I have with TimeFreeze is , is it still been actively developed ?
2011 Release and update
2012 10 updates to TimeFreeze
2013, 8 updates to TimeFreeze
2014, 1 update so far . ??

Reactions: frogboy

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011

Shadow Defender is truly great software, but ifs not bullet proof nothing is bullet proof

Re TimeFreeze the issue I have with TimeFreeze is , is it still been actively developed ?
2011 Release and update
It's normal, red alert just enables safe mode.

Reactions: Kent and MalwareT

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013

2011 Release and update

The Tiranium Red Alert desactivate all the startup items and services, clear StartUp and AppData and activate the Windows Safe mode.
In this case, Shadow Defender is desactivated too.

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
The Tiranium Red Alert desactivate all the startup items and services, clear StartUp and AppData and activate the Windows Safe mode.
In this case, Shadow Defender is desactivated too.

Hi Dubseven I know what Tiranium Red Alert dose, The Issue I encountered was a state of permanent safe mode , the pc was unable to boot back to normal mode full stop even after a cold start .
whether this issue was caused by Tiranium Red Alert or Shadow Defender, or another conflicting software I done know,

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Hi Dubseven I know what Tiranium Red Alert dose, The Issue I encountered was a state of permanent safe mode , the pc was unable to boot back to normal mode full stop even after a cold start .
whether this issue was caused by Tiranium Red Alert or Shadow Defender, or another conflicting software I done know,

You can desactivate the red alert with CTRL + ALT + A combinaison or with starting Tiranium Panel :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.