Shadow Defender Update Thread (Current Version 1.4.0.680)

L

LabZero

Thread author

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
HI! may I ask a question?

I know that SD, unlike Toolwize for example, protects every disk on the PC.
but I was wondering: if I have a multiboot on a HD, with different OS installed on each partition of the disk, will SD protect every partition /SO?

thank yoi

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
It should, under SD Mode Setting, you are allow to check and uncheck which drive and partition you wanted to be in shadow mode. I experiment with SD on my test partition for VMware, and it seems to have reverted the changes for me when I reset without commiting.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
It should, under SD Mode Setting, you are allow to check and uncheck which drive and partition you wanted to be in shadow mode. I experiment with SD on my test partition for VMware, and it seems to have reverted the changes for me when I reset without commiting.

yes, you are right . but I was not sure if it could handle more OS.
It does not eork with linx partitions right?

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I would guess it should as its marking or snapshotting the entire disk, every change you make stored in cache or an separate image image until you commit the changes. I believe it should work with all OSes as its freezing your current system and appending the changes to a separate file, so it should be safe.

Please take my guesstimation with a grain of salt and make a backup before trying! Cheers!!!!

Last edited:

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
You're kidding right?
That would defeat its main and sole purpose: light virtualization of track 0.

One would then have to use additional combo to as ERP or things like that .And if it remained easily weigh it would be good, I think.

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I have a question about Shadowdefender
Can it be used for testing malware samples instead of VM?

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I have a question about Shadowdefender
Can it be used for testing malware samples instead of VM?
Yes you can use SD for malware testing, but if you use dynamic analysis, and then launching the malware, please consider that SD virtualizes the current Windows session, and the personal data it contains.
Malware, such as backdoor may send your data on a remote server.
It is advisable to hide or encrypt this data, or even better to use a VM.

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Yes you can use SD for malware testing, but if you use dynamic analysis, and then launching the malware, please consider that SD virtualizes the current Windows session, and the personal data it contains.
Malware, such as backdoor may send your data on a remote server.
It is advisable to hide or encrypt this data, or even better to use a VM.
can it survive against a ransomware?

Reactions: Winter Soldier

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.