Shadow Defender Update Thread (Current Version 1.4.0.680)

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
I have a question about Shadowdefender
Can it be used for testing malware samples instead of VM?
can it survive against a ransomware?
Yes it can, even ransomware which targets MBR. But as I always recommend, get a spare HDD for such tests. It's not a good idea to use your main system or main disk for malware testing.

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
One would then have to use additional combo to as ERP or things like that .And if it remained easily weigh it would be good, I think.
Frankly I believe adding a HIPS module or any other form of protection to Shadow Defender is completely pointless. And an old traditional HIPS is a dead technology. There are new HIPS technologies in development like ReHIPS and AdroxideHIPS

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I know that but I just wanted to say the sd is not that great... there are ugly malware out there:D

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
I know that but I just wanted to say the sd is not that great... there are ugly malware out there:D
From that article:
Does the typical malware author need to go the greater effort of writing GPU-based malware which, by its very nature, is likely to run on only a subset of computers? I don’t think so. The amount of effort they would need to put in is unlikely to give them a good enough return.

Thread author

The more advanced the malware, the more specialized it is, the more specialized the malware, the more it targets its victim, the more it targets a victim, the less likely it will affect you - the average Joe.

Advanced malware means it is much less of a threat to the average Joe.

SD is one of the best security softs due to its simplicity.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Lockdown I know it will not bother me but still possible. I'm talking about the possibility:D btw thanks for the information.will device guard virtualize the hardware?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.