Advice Request Use Deep Instinct for laptop set up with ransomware protection

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I would like set up my laptop and run

DI + Shadow Defender + Macrium Reflect Home + Sync cloud..........................with emphasis for ransomware protection

1) DI - Main AV/AM for prevention-first protection. Hopefuly, all ransomware (and other malware) can be prevented from landing on my laptop

2) Shadow Defender - Runs in Shadow Mode and revert instantly to original good state for daily use. Ransomware will be cleared and files rollback upon restore

3) Macrium Reflect Home - Backup/restore system image files to/from removable drives with backups protected by Macrium Image Guardian. Serves as backup for Shadow Defender.

4) For cloud protection. Sync cloud comes with the following features for ransomware protection

- Vault, provides partitioned storage for files that you strictly want to store online, and not to sync with your desktop client
- Restore deleted files – When a file changes the old version of the file is in the Recycle/Trash Bin. Can recover single/multiple files. For mass recover contact customer service.
- Versioning feature which allows revert(restore) files. This feature allows the restore of individual file. For mass restore contact customer service.
- Account Rewind – Think of Account Rewind as turning back the clock on your files in Sync, taking you back to a time when all your work was all accounted for and undamaged. Contact customer service.

In addition, Sync cloud provides end-to-end encryption and 2FA for login. Can use Sync with Macrium Reflect Home to sync files to cloud

For web protection, will use Adguard for desktop + Mullvad VPN + NextDNS

Any comments?

Last edited:

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I would like set up my laptop and run

DI + Shadow Defender + Macrium Reflect Home + Sync cloud..........................with emphasis for ransomware protection

1) DI - Main AV/AM for prevention-first protection. Hopefuly, all ransomware (and other malware) can be prevented from landing on my laptop

2) Shadow Defender - Runs in Shadow Mode and revert instantly to original good state for daily use. Ransomware will be cleared and files rollback upon restore

3) Macrium Reflect Home - Backup/restore system image files to/from removable drives with backups protected by Macrium Image Guardian. Serves as backup for Shadow Defender.

4) For cloud protection. Sync cloud comes with the following features for ransomware protection

- Vault, provides partitioned storage for files that you strictly want to store online, and not to sync with your desktop client
- Restore deleted files – When a file changes the old version of the file is in the Recycle/Trash Bin. Can recover single/multiple files. For mass recover contact customer service.
- Versioning feature which allows revert(restore) files. This feature allows the restore of individual file. For mass restore contact customer service.
- Account Rewind – Think of Account Rewind as turning back the clock on your files in Sync, taking you back to a time when all your work was all accounted for and undamaged. Contact customer service.

In addition, Sync cloud provides end-to-end encryption and 2FA for login. Can use Sync with Macrium Reflect Home to sync files to cloud

For web protection, will use Adguard for desktop + Mullvad VPN + NextDNS

Any comments?
Why are you not creating a Security Config thread? I'd be interested to see your config in detail.

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
why Adguard for desktop and NextDNS ?
I thought NextDNS covered most of what Adguard blocks ?
I running NextDNS and Am now wondering if I should use Adguard as well...

Reactions: [correlate]

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
why Adguard for desktop and NextDNS ?
I thought NextDNS covered most of what Adguard blocks ?
I running NextDNS and Am now wondering if I should use Adguard as well...

I'm using NextDNS with my Mullvad VPN. Adguard offers other features that NextDNS don't. NextDNS is for DNS queries malware protection whilst Adguard is for IP malware protection

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Why are you not creating a Security Config thread? I'd be interested to see your config in detail.

It either comes down to them at $42 for DI and the cheapest BD Business Security package at $60. The latter does include a firewall as well as an AV so it may be worth it to have it as well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.