Shadow defender with virus? and Compatible with Bullguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi guys Ii want to ask you about that issue i see in virus total that detection from symantec and want to know if the installer are clean i downloaded twice times on diferent days whith a week of diference from your official site

https://www.virustotal.com/es/file/9e55c9dca044a7fbbf122d0e9b460e3ccc13056e938dfe91e4ca9cf84f4b7d98/analysis/1377333962/

My second cuestion was 1.- I installl shadow defender 2 i install bullguard 3 i set protect bullguard resources against termination 4 windows dont start and i have to shutdown whith power button 5 i turn on whit power button and all works well aparently.

Affter that

1.- I uninstall shadow. 2 I install bullguard. 3 i set protect bullguard resources agains termination 4 reestart windows and everything ok

It means bullguard are incompatible how can i check my security suite (Bullguard) and Shadow defender works properly alongside both together. In bullguard they say i have to uninstall sd and no give me a solution or test, but i use sd to test software I hope you can help me

I am in a dilema

1.- IF shadow has virus i unsinstall it and look help to remove malware but i think was a symantec false positive

2.- If shadow defender was not infected and was not compatiblewhith bullguard and i can not test bullguard and shadow works well alongside. What do you recomend? 1.- Uninstall bullguard and use other product alongside Shadow (I think thevirtualiztion are more secure than virus signatures of bullguard) or stay whith bullguard and uninstall Shadow. What do you recomend?

seeya and god bless you and sorry for my bad english i am spanish native

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's a False Positive by Norton (Symantec).

As for the compatibilities, I've never tried either product. Hopefully somebody else will be able to answer your question.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I sent them an Email, here is their response:

Bullguard and Shadow Defender are NOT compatible.

Dear User,

Thank you for contacting BullGuard Support.

Please know that BullGuard is not compatible with Shadow Defender. You should not keep Shadow Defender installed on a computer where BullGuard is also installed.

Our Support Service is available 24/7 by e-mail at support@bullguard.com and Live Chat at http://www.bullguard.com/support/live-support.aspx. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any additional assistance or information.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Thanks very much to answer me i see the same thing i dont understand why bullguard are so restrictive but it does not like me, its a "lastima" (Spanish) that both software not are compatible I think i must change my security solution because i think the virtuailization on shadow defender are beter and i see too many incompatibilities whith bullguard thank you any way but i like if someone does Works together please tell me thank you very much again

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.