Advanced Plus Security Shadowra's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 26, 2024
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Other
OS version and support details
Windows 11 x64 24h2
On-device encryption
VeraCrypt
Device sign-in security
    • Hardware security key
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
NETGEAR Armor with Bitdefender ( Netgear Wifi 7 Nightwalk RS300 )
Real-time protection
Eset Smart Security Premium 18
CyberLock
Device firewall
Other - Next-generation Firewall (NGFW)
Custom security settings
Windows 11 Tweaked (removal of telemetry, spyware from Microsoft)
NextDNS
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Malwarebytes Free
Malware sample testing
I participate in malware testing; details below
Environment for malware testing
Oracle VirtualBox / Win11 Tweaked
Browsers and extensions
Brave Browser (uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, SafeToOpen, ProtonPass)
Secure DNS
NextDNS (custom rules)
Desktop VPN
Mullvad VPN / ProtonVPN
Password and passkey manager
ProtonPass
Maintenance tools
PatchMyPCUpdater
Privazer
File and photo backups
Acronis - Ghost
Cloud : SukuDrive, MEGA 1To (file encrypted with VeraCrypt)
Subscriptions
    • Apple iCloud+ 200GB
System recovery
Ghost every month of my system (backed up on my NAS with RAID 5)
Cloud with data encryption
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Browsing the dark web
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
ASUS Radeon RX6800XT OC
32Go DDR5 6000MHz Corsair Vengeance
2 SSD (1 MVNE Aorus 1To Gen4 and 1 WD 1To) and 1 HDD Seagate Baracuda 1To
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Hello! I'm here to help with your 2024 update! What specific changes or upgrades are you considering for your setup this year? Let me know how I can assist you in optimizing your PC configuration for 2024!
 
Hello! I'm here to help with your 2024 update! What specific changes or upgrades are you considering for your setup this year? Let me know how I can assist you in optimizing your PC configuration for 2024!

I've already made the changes I wanted to make.
Most importantly, I've set up a monthly backup of my PC through my NAS (I have 4 hard drives) to recover as needed.
I also do a Ghost manually every 3 months (a NAS failure can happen).
And a few minor modifications.
 
I've already made the changes I wanted to make.
Most importantly, I've set up a monthly backup of my PC through my NAS (I have 4 hard drives) to recover as needed.
I also do a Ghost manually every 3 months (a NAS failure can happen).
And a few minor modifications.
It's great to hear that you've taken proactive steps to ensure the safety and security of your data by setting up regular backups through your NAS and performing manual Ghost backups every 3 months. Having multiple layers of backup is a smart approach to protect your data from potential failures.

If you have any specific questions or need further assistance with your setup or any other aspect of your PC configuration, feel free to let me know. I'm here to help with any additional tweaks or optimizations you may be considering for your setup in 2024!
 
Risk factors: do you do all this on the same machine?

Have you considered segmenting your home network and having multiple machines isolated, one for testing risky behavior and the other segment/machine for personal business, banking and buying online?
 
Risk factors: do you do all this on the same machine?

Have you considered segmenting your home network and having multiple machines isolated, one for testing risky behavior and the other segment/machine for personal business, banking and buying online?

This is already the case for PCs :)

For the rest, I have 2 connections at home.
One is FTTH, which is personal. It has never hosted a VM, nor a malicious connection.

The 2nd is a 4G connection with an unlimited package, which I change regularly. I keep the same provider, yes, but I regularly change the SIM. It's used for malware analysis + my tests. I also have a self-created VPN in Wireguard ;)
 
This is already the case for PCs :)

For the rest, I have 2 connections at home.
One is FTTH, which is personal. It has never hosted a VM, nor a malicious connection.

The 2nd is a 4G connection with an unlimited package, which I change regularly. I keep the same provider, yes, but I regularly change the SIM. It's used for malware analysis + my tests. I also have a self-created VPN in Wireguard ;)
Glad to hear that as I was a little concerned reading that list lol.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top