Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Shadow Death said:
SD_Desktop.jpg

My Desktop (Current Build).
You've got some powerful stuff there.....I'm impressed.....can you give us an estimated price for your system ? :D

Did you build it yourself or ?

Shadow Death

Thread author
May 12, 2011
ugh... over 1500USD probably.

All together today it would cost about $1,179.90USD.

That's the internals, not counting the Razer Lycosa keyboard, Razer DeathAdder 3500DPI mouse, Logitech Z-5500 Digital speakers, etc.

I built it all myself, its a hobby of mine and now I'm attending college to get my High Performance Computing AAS degree. I plan on being a network administrator.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hungry Man said:
I wanna upgrade to 8GB of RAM soon.
I only have 4GB of RAM on my system..but I find that to be more than enough..... My PC is usually using around 1-2GB of RAM.
When are 8GB of RAM really need it and best put in value?
I guess ,the 8 GB of RAM could be useful when running a VM....

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
good computers I must say :) You should upgrade the ddr3 ram (in this case ddr2 at the same Hz will perform better) to ddr3 1066MHz or 1333MHz, Since I can't see what buffercache your HDD has I think the ones with 64MB are the best if the rpm is at 7200. is it SATA II or SATA III?

to build the desktops is must if you want your deskop to have the value you want. the biggest plus is that you decided what should be there :)

Shadow Death

Thread author
May 12, 2011
I am currently running DDR3 in both the desktop and the laptop. I have no idea what the server is running.

Recently the college has added another computer to my list. A Cray Super Computer, no specs on that yet.

Edit: I think I see what you are talking about. It says I'm running DDR3 667 but that's how AMD measures their ram speed for some reason. Because it's Dual Channel "double data rate" it's measured as 667 * 2 = 1334MHz

The desktop is actually running PC3-10666 (1333MHz).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.