Shady's Powerhouse

SlimShady

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
All other enhancements welcome!

PS: I don't use Sandboxing software and leave it to my brain. Also, I do not use any Password Manager to my browsers and just use an Ad Blocker.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HTTPS Everywhere - FAQ
HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox and Chrome extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure.

It should not affect your web browsing experience, only to make it more secure. However, if it does break some websites, check their FAQ for more info.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may add Web of Trust (WOT) if necessarily as a community based ratings for every sites visited.

SlimShady

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
EDIT: Changed the Windows Defender with Avast Free. I noticed that it didn't update automatically and I also had to check Windows Defender here and there just to get a definition update. I need something that updates automatically because I do a lot of gaming and have no time to check for updates every now and then.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From all AV's you could setup a schedule for updates in silent mode, the quickest as possible is hourly updates.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
SlimShady said:
EDIT: Changed the Windows Defender with Avast Free. I noticed that it didn't update automatically and I also had to check Windows Defender here and there just to get a definition update. I need something that updates automatically because I do a lot of gaming and have no time to check for updates every now and then.

You can manually schedule updates for 30 min intervals with Windows Task Scheduler. Read this guide- http://www.winhelp.us/configure-windows-defender-in-windows-8.html

Thanks.:D

SlimShady

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
Thanks littlebits but I decided to pay for Nod32 instead LOL. It was an extremely cheap renewal fee for Nod32 so I took it.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
SlimShady said:
Thanks littlebits but I decided to pay for Nod32 instead LOL. It was an extremely cheap renewal fee for Nod32 so I took it.

As long as you are satisfied that's good.
I have always liked Nod32, used it in the past but now I only use freeware security products.

Thanks.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Do you have a password manager for Firefox?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
SlimShady said:
No and I don't intend to because I don't need one I guess?

True, you don't need one, but it's always handy having one. If you use different passwords for different sites, makes it easier to access and get them.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its an optional for you, the difference only is a password manager composed of a generator to obtain strong random codes and log in as ease way but again its your choice.

SlimShady

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
UPDATE: Added Sandboxie to test my AV on my host machine every now and then.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.