Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Post questions and workaround for workarounds against advertisement block wall's

Members using Noscript, Scriptsafe, uBlock and simular extensions to block third party scripts or apply a strict whitelist policy, occasionally run into adblock wall's (we are sorry to see you are using an adblocker, please whitelist our website).

Allowing all is the last most members want using a default deny for all scripts or third-party scripts, so let's post solution requests for problematic websites and share tips (which domains or scripts to allow).

For ease of reading and searching, let's agree on a standard, e.g. write in bold

solution requests, like: REQUEST: domain name (link)

and post solution tips starting with: TIP RE: domain name

SHARE TIPS TO CIRCUMVENT ADBLOCK WALL's

upload_2017-6-13_9-9-50.png

Last edited:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
REQUEST: Washingtonpost (link)

any one knows which websites or scripts to allow to circumvent the advertisement wall?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Using ublock origin and its not showing any anti adblock popup. Make sure to enable Anti adblock killer reek, adblock warning removal list, ublock protector list(ublock), Adblock protector list(in Adguard I think).

Reactions: frogboy

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Some tricks:
1)Easylist is the filter these anti adblock websites are detecting. If you disable easylist, you shouldn't see the disable adblock popups on most sites. But I wouldn't recommend because other filters aren't as good as easylist. Ads passes through with other filters. I wish there was an option in adblockers to disable a particular filter list for a particular site.
2) Another option is to use hostsman. Might trigger some antivirus.
3) Install two adblockers. Disable easylist on second one. When you get "Disable adblock" popups, disable your main adblocker for that site. :D Might slow down internet speed.
4) Install privacy extensions like disconnect.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
@Deletedmessiah thx for the reply but this thread is not about adding or changing BLACKLIST, it is about allowing exceptions for specific domains when ....

MyFirstPost said:
Members using Noscript, Scriptsafe, uBlock and simular extensions to block third party scripts or apply a strict whitelist policy

With Chrome I find it easier to add a second user (e.g. Normal and No3rdParty). My Normal user has Avast Safe Browsing extension which also blocks 95% of the advertisements without ever running into an anti adblock wall.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Don't know why I never realised this but can umatrix be the default deny solution for anti-adblocks? But having read your comments, you're an advanced user who knows these things much more than me and should already know about umatrix.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.