sharewareonsale.com free software (Opinions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1

Thread author
May 5, 2014
sharewareonsale.com - here's a site always offering free paid software

Last edited by a moderator:

JimD

Level 1
Verified
May 12, 2014
Once upon a time I used Ad-Aware, but I stopped when I started reading bad things about the company. Perhaps that no longer applies. I know you would like details as to what I had heard, but I no longer remember well enough to want to say. Maybe someone else would like to give us an update about that?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Once upon a time I used Ad-Aware, but I stopped when I started reading bad things about the company. Perhaps that no longer applies. I know you would like details as to what I had heard, but I no longer remember well enough to want to say. Maybe someone else would like to give us an update about that?

What are you even talking about?

Ad-aware isn't even on the giveaway site :confused:

Reactions: nissimezra

JimD

Level 1
Verified
May 12, 2014
Oh? Well admittedly I am new here, but right at the top it says there is IF I am reading it correctly. Giveaway starts on Tuesday?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
This website is not something that I would recommend using, as it advertise giveaways from other website and in this process it requests your email. Why is that need it??

Example:
Giveaway: Battlefield 3
Original giveaway page: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/battlefield-3/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition
rev.jpg

Sharewareonsale.com giveaway page: http://sharewareonsale.com/s/ea-battlefield-sale

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Please note that this giveaway was not hosted by sharewareonsale.com, and in the redirect process they have requested my email. I would avoid this website.

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
me too i got email from their website everyday...but i think it good for me to get paid application with free....:D:D

Reactions: wisd0m

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I like SOS. I've gotten a lot of good stuff from than, and I find Ashraf trustworthy. Their offerings are typically 24 hours in duration, so their emails are daily. If I lose interest in them and don't want to hear from them daily, there is the Unsubscribe line to click on.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I like SOS. I've gotten a lot of good stuff from than, and I find Ashraf trustworthy. Their offerings are typically 24 hours in duration, so their emails are daily. If I lose interest in them and don't want to hear from them daily, there is the Unsubscribe line to click on.

Yes however their are many that dont know this or even bother to look past the download link.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.08.11_09h34m03s_002_.png

SOS is taking a giveaway from somewhere else,without posting the original giveaway link,and then requiring you to enter your email address to be redirected to a page with the same information and links as the original giveaway.
It is one thing if the original giveaway or software vendor requires an email but it is another if it appears that you are running the giveaway and you are asking for emails.I dont really want to brand them as spammers but it is the principle of this that is a little bit of a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.