shashikumar bhat Config.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
First time I've not seen someone use Flash Player. You use sites or PC programs that require Java?

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Not So Hot
The antivirus field in general is growing and evolving, with most products doing at least a decent job of rooting out malware and preventing new infections. IObit Malware Fighter 2, recently reviewed for the first time by PCMag, is a notable exception. In both my malware blocking and malware removal tests, it achieved new low scores.

For malware removal, IObit scored an unprecedented 0.8 of 10 possible points; the next-lowest score was 4.2 points. IObit identified seven of my twelve malware-infested systems as perfectly clean. It earned just 1.5 points for malware blocking, far below the next-lowest score of 5.9 points, yet still managed to identify some valid programs as suspicious. The best thing I can say about this program is that it has plenty of room for improvement.
http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/security-software/313198-the-best-antivirus-software-new-winners-and-losers

IObit Malware Fighter 2 Review

shashikumar bhat

Thread author
Sep 16, 2013
Earth said:
First time I've not seen someone use Flash Player. You use sites or PC programs that require Java?

Hi,
Let me clarify:
I have heard that there are copycats of adobe update for flash player which actually are malware. About 6 months back while updating the OS, I had the popup. I was distracted and clicked install. Later it struck me that I did not have the player. But after that I could not update anything. Not Malwarebytes nor super antispyware. I could only update MSE. I tried for a couple of days, and as there was no progress, Just formatted and reinstalled. I don't watch on line videos.

I was directed to a site, probably by Microsoft I think, because I don't remember, to install java and I did. I am certain both are very respected sites as I am very set in surfing habits and I do not stray.
Regards.

shashikumar bhat

Thread author
Sep 16, 2013
Petrovic said:
Not So Hot
The antivirus field in general is growing and evolving, with most products doing at least a decent job of rooting out malware and preventing new infections. IObit Malware Fighter 2, recently reviewed for the first time by PCMag, is a notable exception. In both my malware blocking and malware removal tests, it achieved new low scores.

For malware removal, IObit scored an unprecedented 0.8 of 10 possible points; the next-lowest score was 4.2 points. IObit identified seven of my twelve malware-infested systems as perfectly clean. It earned just 1.5 points for malware blocking, far below the next-lowest score of 5.9 points, yet still managed to identify some valid programs as suspicious. The best thing I can say about this program is that it has plenty of room for improvement.
http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/security-software/313198-the-best-antivirus-software-new-winners-and-losers

IObit Malware Fighter 2 Review

Hi,
Thank You for the detailed info. I did not know this. Any suggestions for a free real time malware fighter? Or does MSE and avast suffice?
Regards.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.