Google Chrome
Maintenance tools
CCleaner

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Frogboy is right, back up your stuff. Also don't be 'that guy' who says he will but doesn't, then when his computer's bricked is crying over losing all that precious data.

Personally if you're like me, and that is to say: lazy, lazier, and laziest; go for automated backup tools. They'll back up your system and you just sit there watching Netflix (highly recommend the Dave Chapelle standup, hilarious).

RollBack Rx is good for doing a daily backup, then using Drive Cloner Rx for a weekly backup is as perfect as perfect gets. It's around $110 total but if you ask me you could spend a lot more trying to have Geek Squad save your data.

Aside from this, your config is standard but SAFE. Good job meatbag!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You need to consider some type of system/data backup solution.
Apart from that your config looks good! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Pls forgive me guru's but, do not underestimate power of NoscriptSecuritysuite(i quess it doesn't work anymore actually in firefox[because they very stupid decision imo]). So in chrome/chromium/opera etc same trick almost does scriptsafe! Altrought many may say that is annoying that "hard work" to whitelisted sites/images/etc but in the end you will be thankfully. In near old days even if NoScriptSecuritySuite was all unticket it still protects you ;)

E: almost forgot, thanks for sharing your config :)

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Pls forgive me guru's but, do not underestimate power of NoscriptSecuritysuite(i quess it doesn't work anymore actually in firefox[because they very stupid decision imo]). So in chrome/chromium/opera etc same trick almost does scriptsafe! Altrought many may say that is annoying that "hard work" to whitelisted sites/images/etc but in the end you will be thankfully. In near old days even if NoScriptSecuritySuite was all unticket it still protects you ;)

E: almost forgot, thanks for sharing your config :)
I really doubt it will be unsupported for long. Noscript is popular and is actively being worked upon and being helped by Mozilla. It's also being used by Tor Browser which are also collaborating with Mozilla. It's one of the least likely addon to die. uBlock Origin Dynamic Filtering is also an alternative since you can manage two in one. False positives in both can be easier resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.