Not open for further replies.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Free version is available in Japan. Unfortunately it was stated that it can not be used in environments outside of Japan.
Issue a warning with a frequency similar to comodo's paranoid hips, but the behavior is light.
The method of describing the log is unique, which is described in detail in the format of Five Ws.

The pop-up warning was huge enough to occupy about half of the screen, I stopped using it for that reason.

It is possible to run parallel with other security products.

DeP ホームエディションのご購入:ハミングヘッズ

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just tested it and it was regularly using around 10% CPU time. But, the computer I was using only has a Core 2 Duo CPU and I'm sure it would run much better with a faster CPU.

I like that the alerts do not have a timeout, so it will not take any action until you manually select what to do, rather than automatically taking action after a few seconds.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Did you test it?! :eek:It is amazing!:eek:
I thought that it was compatible only with the Japanese version of Windows, I was just planning to provide a topic, so I was surprised by your curiosity.:D
I think that I want to use again when the warning popup becomes simple.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Did you test it?! :eek:It is amazing!:eek:
I thought that it was compatible only with the Japanese version of Windows, I was just planning to provide a topic, so I was surprised by your curiosity.:D
I think that I want to use again when the warning popup becomes simple.
I was expecting to only be able to install in systems with Japanese language. But, it installed and was in English. It looks interesting,. It's not something I would use on my main computer as I have many programs installed, am regularly installing new software and do not want to use any security software that will constantly alert me. But I may test it further on one of my other computers.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I don't fully understand how it works:notworthy:
seems it auto allow signed process?or auto-whitelist signed files??Also, what is the difference between defence mode and detection mode?
It only covers some actions! while SpyShelter Free OR comodo cover more operations.
It has an informative log!

I guess its buggy but not sure:D

Attachments

• 111.PNG
    111.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Reminds me of ReHIPS but gives all of the options (and some) at the execution level of files. Don't have to create a rule to make settings like with ReHIPS. The network intrusion alert is crazy good.

Only thing about this program is that it seems it might be a hard time fitting it into a good setup. What would be good to pair with it? Maybe Kas free or Bitdefender free? Anything with HIPS already would have to be eliminated for me to use this. I would really hate to get rid of Comodo to try to find a way to use DeP. However, one PC here doesn't have Comodo, so I might try it on that PC.

Does this alert every time a file is opened or only if the file tries to start something or contact the internet, etc.?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Does it monitor for port sniffing and so on? I will look anyway. Anything with firewalling I will like more than likely. Got to fire up another PC to take a look. Thanks for the info...

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Does this alert every time a file is opened or only if the file tries to start something or contact the internet, etc.?
It seems to be when a program tries to start something or connect to the internet. You are given the option to whitelist the action or the program itself, so that all future actions are whitelisted.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Really pretty good. Not sure how it will work in the free version.

As @roger_m so well stated, problem with this app might be that it's too much work. Not sure yet and going to have to wait to see. Also, questioning the bones of the coding of the program. I see what the program can supposedly detect, but I'm not sure at this point that it is reliable. Just going on impressions and on the fact that it shut down mouse without borders, which I use alot between two PCs. I don't see a way to manually add an application, and it won't throw an alert for MWB. No idea why.

Novel idea, but the concept is built on work for the user...not sure how much. I see it has a little bit of VoodooShield in there with the % recommendations. Actually, I think this app could use more sophistication with that element of the program, so that it would throw out the minimum of alerts. Guess it's hard for security devs to write in whitelist allows, but that's what makes Comodo usable with HIPS enabled...the Trusted Vendor List and the cloud...

Reactions: roger_m and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It also has a protection for data loss. I am just reading their webpage, didn't even download anything.
It seems like the Japanese are the most security conscious of all peoples. They are buying into Appguard big-time, and now this product, which sounds like it can up-end every other software, if you believe the claims...

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
It seems that packages are also on sale at the Amazon in Japan. There is a limitation on the free version that the upper limit of rule creation is 1,000

Funny I have over 800 rules in the queue right now to be resolved. You can see at the bottom of the alert how many are in the queue. Google Chrome is giving the program fits for me. I am getting basically constant pop ups (one every 5 seconds or so) to slowly resolve the issues. I have already resolved over 50 issues.

Don't know if anyone else is seeing the alerts of browser elements not block by uBlock. If it's not just me, I think they might need to separate apps from browsers and handle them a different way...maybe an extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.