Should Gamers be accountable for in-game war crimes?

Should Gamers be penalised for carrying out unlawful acts in a Video Game?

• No

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
"...told a reporter......games should start to abide by the international laws of armed conflict."
IMO, with or without rules, we make choices.
Sometimes, while I'm driving (..yes, in REAL life) the HEAT of pent up aggression can literally be felt from 25 yards away.. or more. Highways differ from driving in the city similarly to the way single person shootero_O& even driving games:cool: differ whenever anyone else is involved. It's kind of like how we're respectful to one another here. Thanks moderators!:D To me, it can be summed up as "Do we play?", and if we do, "Do we play nice?" An original thread like this one can spark a greater flow & a larger response than another that elicits less. My point is contained in the way many of us follow collective rules of proximity & personal space. ..or don't.;) When we drive, we are committing to a game of transport where many move as one (while also thinking within their own patterns of "How-To-Circumnavigate-The-Maze"). This may have more to do with getting away with wrong behavior while getting to the next stage, and also succeeding in getting there first, than any "laws of (automotive) conflict". A powerful aspect of life, sports, represent opposite ends of focused aggression whilst trying to win. Winning can also be applicable to fans getting in & out unscathed as well as players uninjured & whole (so long as we win).:rolleyes: So, coming full circle back to abiding by serious rules to games that are not so serious, when I am in the act of decapitating countless un-dead enemies and, further, launching exploding flaming arrows into a fray of a hoard consisting of assorted creepy characters trying to kill my character in the game "Samurai versus Zombies Defense", I simply 'drive' forward without conscience, for there are no consequences ...unless my computer freezes, bringing me back here to come ask some of you for help.:D If, on the other hand, I've broken any "International Laws of armed (excessively long posting) conflict", I'll play nice. Then I'll agree with Gnosis that it is high time to "...nuke a few countries that launch an attack on UMBRA CORP. Bwahahaha".:p

Last edited:
I

illumination

Wow, reading all this, will make your brain hurt ;) :D This is so ridiculous.. I agree that some of the generation coming up, are insensitive, mouthy and disrespectful "weren't we all at that age" ;) But this is just plain stupid blaming this kind of stuff on a video game, as if kids could not tell the difference between a game and reality...

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Here comes the Minority Report again. Get those psychics ready to aid in prosecution of those that "might" have the potential to commit violent crime. LOL

Pretty soon, freedom of speech and expression is going to be voluntarily given up by the masses.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.