Advice Request Should I Add Kaspersky To My Arsenal?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

The one thing I dont like about Kaspersky is they are always late to the party i.e Kaspersky is always late to fully support/compatible new OS build And this is important on Win 10 especially Win 10 Home as users cannot disable/set Windows Updates to manual And also users are left with limited Kaspersky protection or uninstall Kaspersky due to not complete or no timely full support/compatible.

I use Kaspersky But currently running Comodo Cloud Antivirus as Kaspersky has limited protection on Anniversary Build Win 10 And waiting for Kaspersky patch.

I guess couple days back Kaspersky released MR3 of Kaspersky Endpoint protection And that too has limited protection on AU Build, why the heck a recent release with limited protection?

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The one thing I dont like about Kaspersky is they are always late to the party i.e Kaspersky is always late to fully support/compatible new OS build And this is important on Win 10 especially Win 10 Home as users cannot disable/set Windows Updates to manual And also users are left with limited Kaspersky protection or uninstall Kaspersky due to not complete or no timely full support/compatible.

I use Kaspersky But currently running Comodo Cloud Antivirus as Kaspersky has limited protection on Anniversary Build Win 10 And waiting for Kaspersky patch.

I guess couple days back Kaspersky released MR3 of Kaspersky Endpoint protection And that too has limited protection on AU Build, why the heck a recent release with limited protection?
I think kaspersky 2016 is already optimized for AU. It is just the 2017 version that is behind.
It is generally a good idea with major AV suites to wait a few months before installing the new version, so they can work out the kinks.
In jan 2017, you can install the 2017 version, and it won't be buggy anymore.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Agree KL always comes a bit late to give support for new OS, but I'm watching in some news and forums that other security software that supposed were W10 RS1/AU compatible are also getting issues and are/or will have to release new builds... so KL, at least, always say They have limitations and clearly publish them, others say are compatible but have issues or don't publish their limitations...

And yes K2016MR1 Patch E started to be released 2 days ago which gives full support to RS1/AU... K2017MR0 support coming in September...

Rocky Bennett

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 12, 2016
but getting back to the OPs question: why not try an anti-exe like voodooshield or secureaplus? you add a lot more protection, for much less money

I'm the OP and I appreciate your input. I thought that $30 US was a good price for Kaspersky 2016 Total Security;

https://smile.amazon.com/Kaspersky-...UTF8&qid=1471617956&sr=1-2&keywords=kaspersky

but I will look into your suggestions.

I guess I really do not need any extra security because I am dual booting with Linux Mint 18 (with my Windows 10 Anniversary Edition) and when somebody wants to use my computer for anything I just log off of MY Windows 10 and then fire up Linux and let the person go to town..

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I'm the OP and I appreciate your input. I thought that $30 US was a good price for Kaspersky 2016 Total Security;

https://smile.amazon.com/Kaspersky-...UTF8&qid=1471617956&sr=1-2&keywords=kaspersky

but I will look into your suggestions.

I guess I really do not need any extra security because I am dual booting with Linux Mint 18 (with my Windows 10 Anniversary Edition) and when somebody wants to use my computer for anything I just log off of MY Windows 10 and then fire up Linux and let the person go to town..
great idea!
let those youngsters see if they can get your linux infected (good luck)
and you are mature enough to manage with minimum security anyways

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
You damed if you do, you're damed if you don't, Kaspersky Protection is on point for eons,but i guess people just love to bicker about something. They came honest and told everyone what is up with the product,yet still you can see the discontent among people.
What thrills me is that their standards is yet to be beaten(protection wise) by products that claim or act as if they have all corners covered, but is clearly struggling protection wise and detection wise and people are ok with that. The deceit is astounding.
Next ask the same slanders to show you ( video wise)how kaspersky is weak in it's protection on 64bit systems nobody can & if you get 1 person to come and show you what they think is it short comings, that said person don't even know how to configure the product or how to use the tool the right way & as they don't know sh''''''''t,they will come with some industry bull crap and a video with default setting and nuff pup's or pua's,these judas tactics must stop.
I find in these times know 1 cares about the truth,the rumor is always sweeter, gets more attention more gossip more headlines. I've been following this tread for a cotton picking min and it have me disturbed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.