Should I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware beside Emsisoft Anti-Malware?

Should I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware beside Emsisoft Anti-Malware for extra protection?

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
i have run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in real time with avast free for over a year with no problem or noticeable slow down as said before is made to run alongside other anti virus products
I have been running MBAM Pro for as long as I can remember. I ran it with Avast for years and now MSE. No slow downs or CPU problems in this camp!

Reactions: Maxxx58

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I have been running MBAM Pro for as long as I can remember. I ran it with Avast for years and now MSE. No slow downs or CPU problems in this camp!
Before i've already installed MBAM Premium with Symantec Endpoint Protection too. No slow down I feel too.

Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Before i've already installed MBAM Premium with Symantec Endpoint Protection too. No slow down I feel too.
All I know is MBAM Pro works for me. No slow down and I have lost track of all the Malicious Websites it has blocked for me.
I'm not trained in these things and I'm no expert, but you will have a Hell of a fight on your hands if you try to uninstall my MBAM Pro.

Reactions: Maxxx58

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Too man friggin security software packages... worse than going to the local store to buy toilet paper...

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Too man friggin security software packages... worse than going to the local store to buy toilet paper...
Hi! Sorry! That's what MT is all about. Well that's not all it's about, but the forum is mostly about security. We have members that test security programs and we have people that clean infected PC's. You have to decide which security program is the best for you.
For me it's MSE and MBAM Pro, Adblock+ and WOT. Every member here has their choice. Every member here thinks they have the best choice;) You have to decide which programs fit you need, just like buying toilet paper. Which one fits your need. I like the soft ones and double sheets.:):):). When I was young we used the sears catalog. Ouch, that sure wasn't soft:(:rolleyes:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I want Anti-Exploit protects almost programs as it can. So i choose Premium version. But after installing, I feel that it make lots of program on my computer start up slower than before. So, I uninstalled it
Weird. I have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, and I don't see a noticeable slowdown in programs. If there is a slowdown, it seems it doesn't bothered me.

What version did you had installed?

Well, if you think about it. Having a lot of security software available would mean that there would be at least one(maybe) for everyone.

You can pick which one suits you best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Weird. I have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, and I don't see a noticeable slowdown in programs. If there is a slowdown, it seems it doesn't bothered me.

What version did you had installed?
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium v1.05

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium v1.05

Premium anything ''COULD'' have a risk of slowdowns or sluggish moments, due to their running processes, which use up system resources. I prefer to only have Anti-Virus going in real-time right now.

I tried Anti-Exploit and MCShield but neither found a single problem in 2-3 months, so I don't use them right now. I did like both programs, but Anti-Exploits newest version seemed to slowly eat up RAM on my PC, the longer the browser was open. :eek:

I use AV + MBAM, these two have found all the bad stuff for me, which isn't much.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Premium anything ''COULD'' have a risk of slowdowns or sluggish moments, due to their running processes, which use up system resources. I prefer to only have Anti-Virus going in real-time right now.

I tried Anti-Exploit and MCShield but neither found a single problem in 2-3 months, so I don't use them right now. I did like both programs, but Anti-Exploits newest version seemed to slowly eat up RAM on my PC, the longer the browser was open. :eek:

I use AV + MBAM, these two have found all the bad stuff for me, which isn't much.
Hi! I have never tried the Premium, so I can't say one way or the other. I only recommend it because My hero malware fighter, TwinHeadedEagal, recommends it to all members after cleaning up their PC's. The free version doesn't use resources or slow me down.
I suppose it depends on what processor you have. I have a Quad Core AMD!

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Hi! I have never tried the Premium, so I can't say one way or the other. I only recommend it because My hero malware fighter, TwinHeadedEagal, recommends it to all members after cleaning up their PC's. The free version doesn't use resources or slow me down.
I suppose it depends on what processor you have. I have a Quad Core AMD!

Nice Quad Core, that wont be slowing anytime soon.

I'm curious about the addon security programs, the help with McShield and Anti-Exploit. If it doesn't find anything in months does that mean it's not needed ?

Free versions are much lighter and normally don't slow unless a conflict. Pro versions of lets say, "MBAM" can take up RAM like another browser being open. I have just a single core, but yet no slowdown. I added RAM so there's plenty of that to spare, and my AV is Comodo IS 8. :) Version 8 is so light it beats MSE, and maybe even UnThreat AV! This includes Firewall and Sandbox on too!

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi @JakeXPMan I just have a old cheap Toshiba laptop. It gets the job done for me.
I'm sorry, I really don't know that much about MBAM Anti-Exploit?? I have the free version. I have MBAM Pro. It does use a lot of RAM, but I would never run my PC without it. I don't seem to have memory problems that I know of! This section doesn't allow screen shots or I would attach some showing MBAM Exploit and my Task Manager. I'm to lazy to use Photo Bucket ect! Task manager shows I'm using 4% CPU and 69% Ram at this moment.;) I wish I could attach screen shots!

Edited because the screen shot gave permission to my whole Photo Bucket library:mad::mad::mad:
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/125-malwarebytes-anti-exploit-support/

Reactions: JakeXPMan
H

hjlbx

Hello Maxxx58,

If you are looking for free, then use on-demand Malwarebytes. I would use anyway. Since on-demand adds virtually no overall load to system.

If you want additional real-time detection, then you will be better served by Hitman Pro... although this is not necessary with EAM. NOTE: (If you are about to renew EAM, then can buy EAM/HMP bundle at SurfRight - basically HMP is almost free). You already know on-demand freeware HMP only scans - no detected malware removal.

If you have 4 GB RAM or more then you need not worry about RAM usage. Do not fret over "high" RAM usage - it is misconception.

With EAM you do not need an additional real-time, proactive protection running. However...

If you are using Adobe, MS Office, Java, Windows Media Player, etc - all the widely used software - then your money is better spent on MBAE Premium.

And ditch the Java/Java Runtime Environment if they're installed on your system. They are absolutely, most definitely unneeded...and create nothing more than a huge vulnerability on your system.

EAM provides limited protections for IE only. If you use FF, Chrome, etc then you are exposed. Can patch exposure with MBAE.

MBAE is not compatible with HMP.Alert. You install both, your system has troubles.

Hope this helps.

hjlbx

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
IMHO! These days you need more than a AV program to keep you safe on the internet. I'm not a expert on malware, but there must be a reason all help forums have you run MBAM to scan your PC. MBAM Pro stops the malware from installing on your PC. I would rather have the malware stooped than to have to remove it after it's on my PC. Does that make sense to you??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

Hello donetao,

You give good advice. Additional measures are necessary.

But you are saying additional layer of real-time protection.

Malwarebytes Pro and EAM would work well together.

Best combination in my experience is Shadow Defender with solid, respectable AV.

Shadow Defender is excellent value for what it does...and does it exceptionally well.

hjlbx

Reactions: donetao and frogboy
H

hjlbx

Hello donetao,

What you say is correct.

I use EIS 9...which I have learned though hard-won experience is the best AV option for me, on my system (I have low-end AMD A8 6410).

To this I add Shadow Defender and on-demand Malwarebytes.

Another option is EAM with Tiny Wall.

The best AV is the one that the user has made commitment to learn and use.

Thanks,

hjlbx

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I agree 100%. I would never try to get you to change your AV program. If it works for you, then that's what you should use.
IMHO You may need more these days than just a AV program. This is my choice and it works for me.
MSE running in real time with MABM Pro. WOT on all my browsers. MBAM Anti-Exploit. Common sense.
When and if I ever get infected, I promise I will reply here on MT with all the details
The best AV is the one that the user has made commitment to learn and use.

H

hjlbx

Hello donetao,

My attitude...I get infected I just reset my PC.

Too lazy for HiJackThis log and 3rd party utilities, you see.

hjlbx

PS - I set up custom restore image for all such occasions...because I am too lazy...customize only once.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hello donetao,

My attitude...I get infected I just reset my PC.

Too lazy for HiJackThis log and 3rd party utilities, you see.

hjlbx
Hi friend that will work! I use a 3rd party to back up my OS regularly. I'm not fond of going back to factory, but it's nice to have a fresh windows OS some times. I prefer restoring to a time when my PC was virus free. I really hate all those up dates after a factory reset.
I like your attitude. Thank you for making my day! I'll be following you on the forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.