Status
Not open for further replies.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Windows 10 and Windows 8, are like Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
I believe it is obvious that if you have a product key for Windows 8, you shouldn't let it go to waste. ;)

Install Windows 10, I believe you'll like them. :p

Reactions: frogboy

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I tried W10 for a few days but i didn't like them so i returned to W 8.1.
I will upgrade to W10 when it will be more stable for my taste;)
It's true Windows 10 are not the best in stability or performance at the moment. However, I believe they can turn out to be one of the best operating systems ever released by Microsoft. Of course, they'll also have to do away with the data mining and the like. But we'll see, time will tell.

Still a usable operating system, nonetheless. :D

Reactions: tonibalas

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I wouldn't wait for it to be perfect because nothing is going to be perfect. I'd recommend sticking with Windows 8 as long as possible. Windows 10 works great for some, and for others (me included) runs like crap. You can always backup your system then upgrade and see if you like it or not.

L

LabZero

Well, Windows 10 is free, new and, after install the upgrade, you have 30 days to reconsider.
But...
What happens if an update causes more problems than it solves. It's already happened ... maybe it's better to wait for a few months they are released all updates to make the system stable and then do the upgrade.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi,
Should I wait until WIN 10 is perfect :rolleyes: or keep the 8.1 as long as I can? Hate to change since my 8.1 is doing great..

:)
Upgrade using this steps

1)Back up you important files to a external hard drive.
2)Do a clean Windows 10 install (guide).
3)Reinstall all drivers of your computer. (Search them in your pc's manufacturer website, in my case Acer, and search for your model there)
4)Install all your programs and copy the backup back to the computer.

Any help you may need ask here! And this might take a few hours.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I wouldn't wait for it to be perfect because nothing is going to be perfect. I'd recommend sticking with Windows 8 as long as possible. Windows 10 works great for some, and for others (me included) runs like crap. You can always backup your system then upgrade and see if you like it or not.
If you are to stick with a previous OS, I'd recommend to stick with Windows 7, if you didn't have Windows 8/8.1 in the first place. Windows 7 is much better in comparison to Windows 8/8.1, in most aspects.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Its the same question that occurred for me when I first started to use W10. Its up to you, if you like the features of Windows 8 and convenient in operating it, you can stay with it. Else if you want to use the new features you can upgrade and get it for free right.
Based on my personal experience I would suggest you to use Windows 10. With the November Update, major issues have been fixed and it must go smooth on any hardware configuration. ;).
Many computer users who have upgraded to Windows 10 are never reverting back because of its great build. I too like Windows 10 and I decided to stay with it. You must be only concerned of the privacy settings, but most of the privacy settings can be altered when to tend to use the OS.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Did you do a clean windows 10 install? I see that most of people's problem with windows 10 is because of the upgrade tool.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Upgrade using this steps

1)Back up you important files to a external hard drive.
2)Do a clean Windows 10 install (guide).
3)Reinstall all drivers of your computer. (Search them in your pc's manufactors website, in my case Acer, and search for your model there)
4)Install all your programs and copy the backup back to the computer.

Any help you may need ask here! And this might take a few hours.
One could always create a system image, using the built in Windows Backup feature or a 3rd party application, such as Acronis True Image (one of my personal favorites), or free alternatives such as AOMEI Backupper Standard or Macrium Reflect Free (my other favorite :D).

You can create a full system image of your system before the upgrade, and then do the upgrade. If you see that you do not like it, you can revert your system to the exact state it was before you upgraded, using that system image.

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
One could always create a system image, using the built in Windows Backup feature or a 3rd party application, such as Acronis True Image (one of my personal favorites), or free alternatives such as AOMEI Backupper Standard or Macrium Reflect Free (my other favorite :D).

You can create a full system image of your system before the upgrade, and then do the upgrade. If you see that you do not like it, you can revert your system to the exact state it was before you upgraded, using that system image.

To point is to backup the files to do the clean install. (clean install = format computer)

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
If you are to stick with a previous OS, I'd recommend to stick with Windows 7, if you didn't have Windows 8/8.1 in the first place. Windows 7 is much better in comparison to Windows 8/8.1, in most aspects.

I agree completely. That is why I'm using Windows 7 (I have a key for Windows 8 though to).

Did you do a clean windows 10 install? I see that most of people's problem with windows 10 is because of the upgrade tool.

Always have a fresh OS. From the first day that I could do a fresh install, I upgraded to get activation from inside Windows 7 then reinstalled via ISO from Media Creation Tool. TH1 worked fine (off and on), but TH2 is a train wreck. TH2 was also a fresh install.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I would do the update to windows 10. If you are a windows 8 user, the switch will be less challenging to become used to it than for a windows 7 user like me. And if you don't like it, you can always go back within the provided time.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I agree completely. That is why I'm using Windows 7 (I have a key for Windows 8 though to).

Always have a fresh OS. From the first day that I could do a fresh install, I upgraded to get activation from inside Windows 7 then reinstalled via ISO from Media Creation Tool. TH1 worked fine (off and on), but TH2 is a train wreck. TH2 was also a fresh install.
You should put the Win 8 key in and instantly upgrade to Win 10 - Win 8 is awful.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have to agree with those that suggest if you are not on Windows 8/8.1 then stick with Windows 7.
Personally I would say to upgrade as Windows 10 is a great OS.However as others have said I would back everything up first.
I also agree that with some recent update problems it might be advisable to wait a bit longer.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 10 should be fine to the system in such case your hardware specification are at modern stage, those issues occur are pretty isolated and chances are more to minor that major problems.

Remember you have until July 2016 for free upgrade so make an enough decision for that.

Here in MT, majority of users upgraded to WIndows 10 went smoothly at all; few of them revert back due to unconvincing results but the November update should solve the issues well.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.