Status
Not open for further replies.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Well in my case the november upgrade (Th2) made my notebook's switchable graphics have problems with older games. Before that I had nothing but praise for Windows 10. It is faster, more responsive and a better OS than Windows 8

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
I

illumination

Hi,
Should I wait until WIN 10 is perfect :rolleyes: or keep the 8.1 as long as I can? Hate to change since my 8.1 is doing great..

:)
If your system is running great with windows 8.1, then there is no need to upgrade to windows 10. It will be a long while before windows 10 becomes completely stable and mature with a majority of the systems out there.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@acme: If a notification turn out to be an error or something wrong the license key, hence its considered to be counterfeit; but as @Umbra said its strictly to know where do you bought that laptop.

Bitan1990

Level 1
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Windows 10 pro version 1511, build number 10586.14 is solid and one of the best Microsoft os , In my opinion. Very stable.

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
bought in a legit store or from someone else?

if the Win8.1 installed is OEM you won't need a license since it is stored in the hardware.

Bought it at 'Best Buy' here in Atlanta. I only buy new electronics, can't trust used or untested stuff :)

D

Deleted member 178

So the license is supposed to be hardcoded in the computer so just do the upgrade. (backup your system first, in case of).

KokoKid

Level 4
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
My suggestion would be to dual boot Win 8.1 and Windows 10. Test out Windows 10, see how well it runs. If you like Win10 you can stop dual booting and upgrade Win8 :D

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
Hi,
Should I wait until WIN 10 is perfect :rolleyes: or keep the 8.1 as long as I can? Hate to change since my 8.1 is doing great..

:)
I also used win 8.1 and I pretty much satisfied with it. Now I've installed win 10, It also meet my satisfaction so far.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Also, in case you want to upgrade the hardware of your PC, you can still be eligible for your license.

According to Gabriel Aul, you can contact Microsoft Customer Support after the hardware change and you can regain eligibility for your Windows 10 license.
So don't worry about Windows 10 not liking hardware upgrades, you can pretty easily take care of any nags from Windows 10 after you upgrade your hardware. :p

SOURCE: How to Use Your Free Windows 10 License After Changing Your PC’s Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.