Should I replace 360TS with Bitdefender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Hello , I would like to ask , I'm currently using MBAM (Free) , Ccleaner , Comodo firewall and 360 TS
Should i replace 360 TS with Bitdefender?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello , I would like to ask , I'm currently using MBAM (Free) , Ccleaner , Comodo firewall and 360 TS
Should i replace 360 TS with Bitdefender?
Your current setup is good and if you are having no issues then switching is not required. 360TS may offer Bitdefender signatures, but will use more resources.

Please create a Security Config instead, for better feedback.

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
No, Bitdefender will make your computer slow. 360 TS comes with BitDefender engine already.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Of course you can replace it but any reason why? Its a multi engine component contain in that security program so you may configure the engines which active only.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Simple , I've downloaded a 6000 virus test.rar for test it , It detected only one , I clicked solve it deleted the whole .rar , But , I was scared of me getting the infection still. After a reboot , Baidu pc faster had appeared , Unninstalled. Soon after that , I've got 2 MSYOSYNC.EXE running , And ending quickly , Making my windows cursor keep loading nothing.
And also , Due to fact bitdefender have anti-ransomware , Which is a virus i fear much.

[Off-topic]
Also looking for a new browser as i dont trust baidu products anymore

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
(Off Topic)
Thanks moose.

(On-Topic)
360 TS Detected some kind of driver that was on autorun

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Bad , Msyosync.exe is still randomly making a copy that appears and ends before i terminate it , Making an endless loading on my cursor.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello @Elemec

MSOSync.exe is related to Office 2010, do you have Microsoft Office installed? Are you able to restore your PC to a time before Baidu was installed?

Please create a new thread here, http://malwaretips.com/forums/security-configuration-wizard.12/
You can then enter more details about what OS, browser and security software you use.

Tip: Use your username in the thread title.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Hello @Elemec

MSOSync.exe is related to Office 2010, do you have Microsoft Office installed? Are you able to restore your PC to a time before Baidu was installed?

Please create a new thread here, http://malwaretips.com/forums/security-configuration-wizard.12/
You can then enter more details about what OS, browser and security software you use.

Tip: Use your username in the thread title.

No , Due to fact my brother installed this windows 7 via pendrive , And i dont have access to that , So i didnt got able to make a backup of it.

I have office installed , Not sure if this is the legit msosync.exe.
It seems to stop working when i have malwarebytes/qihoo/comodo scanning

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Used task manager and saw " TrustedInstall... " Being used by the system.

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
No... Why would you do that ?
360TS "consume" (when you turn on all engines) more RAM, but generally has less impact on system.
And BD engine you got there too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.