Should i Upgrade from Ubuntu 16 to Windows 10?

What should i switch to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think I am going to change my Elementary to Mint,
imho Mint is more stable and user friendly than Elementary OS

Reactions: HeroCloudAntivirus

HeroCloudAntivirus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
the problem is i have a very early version of windows 10(first release) and im worried if it will take alot of time installing updates and drivers.
any suggestions?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
windows 8 or 10 with mint
I have listed recommended options, there is no need to overthink it.

Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are compatible with Dual Boot with Linux, as long as you know what you are doing.

It seems you are beginner in the Linux Field.

That being said, I would rather suggest you use in a VM until you get more comfortable in Linux (minimum 6 to 8 months heavy usage), and use windows on your system as the daily driver.

HeroCloudAntivirus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
I have listed recommended options, there is no need to overthink it.

Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are compatible with Dual Boot with Linux, as long as you know what you are doing.

It seems you are beginner in the Linux Field.

That being said, I would rather suggest you use in a VM until you get more comfortable in Linux (minimum 6 to 8 months heavy usage), and use windows on your system as the daily driver.

i use linux for my server i am advanced in command line stuff but im quite new in the GUI.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
i use linux for my server i am advanced in command line stuff but im quite new in the GUI.
Linux usage does not just boil down to BASH code or GUI... there is more to it.

For the fact that you are asking if elementary os is good, means exactly you aint a seasoned user.

For reference: Elementary OS uses their own inhouse desktop manager, built upon ubuntu 16.04 LTS and is buggy as well.

Anyhow, will not post any further suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.