Advanced Plus Security show-Zi 2nd Device Security Config 2021

Last updated
Jun 8, 2021
How it's used?
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Microsoft Defender + SimpleWindowsHardening
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Tinywall
VoodooShield
Periodic malware scanners
RogueKiller
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox(beta)-Behave!/NoScript/uBlock Origin
Slimjet(chrome)-AdGuard/Microsoft Defender Browser Protection
Edge-AdGuard
Secure DNS
Provider dependent
Desktop VPN
ProtonVPN
Password manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
PrivaZer
WiseDiskCleaner
File and Photo backup
Local disk only. I'm not using the cloud.
System recovery
Backup and recovery(Windows built-in)
Risk factors
    • Working from home
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think I have been using this old PC for more time than my main PC. That's because I've grown attached to it like a married couple as I've been repairing breakdowns and replacing parts. Recently, I increased the ram to 8GB, which makes it more comfortable.
I try to keep software additions to a minimum and install only the bare minimum of browser add-ons.
I am planning to migrate from an admin account to a limited account in the near future.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Only MD or also tweaked via Configure Defender?
Configure Defender wasn't confident in understanding what the settings were, so I'm using SimpleWindows Hardening, which seems to be a simplified version. There are few adjustment points, but I am not dissatisfied with the default recommended settings applied.:geek:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Configure Defender wasn't confident in understanding what the settings were, so I'm using SimpleWindows Hardening, which seems to be a simplified version. There are few adjustment points, but I am not dissatisfied with the default recommended settings applied.:geek:
Configure Defender isn't that hard to understand. Setting it to "HIGH" won't cause any problems for most users. (y)

Edit: Simple Windows Hardening isn't a simplified version of Configure Defender. You seem to confuse Configure Defender with Hard_Configurator. Configure Defender increases protection of Microsoft Defender by enabling protection settings that most users can't even see if they are not using Group Policies.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Configure Defender isn't that hard to understand. Setting it to "HIGH" won't cause any problems for most users. (y)

Edit: Simple Windows Hardening isn't a simplified version of Configure Defender. You seem to confuse Configure Defender with Hard_Configurator. Configure Defender increases protection of Microsoft Defender by enabling protection settings that most users can't even see if they are not using Group Policies.
Thank you for your opinion!:)
I happened to find a site that opened Configure Defender in Japanese, so I changed it from SimpleWindows Hardening. So far, there have been no usage issues due to unexpected reactions.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Thank you for your opinion!:)
I happened to find a site that opened Configure Defender in Japanese, so I changed it from SimpleWindows Hardening. So far, there have been no usage issues due to unexpected reactions.
Simple Windows Hardening (SWH) is designed to work with ConfigureDefender. These applications are very different. SWH + ConfigureDefender is a simplified version of Hard_Configurator (set to Basic Recommended Settings).

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Simple Windows Hardening (SWH) is designed to work with ConfigureDefender. These applications are very different. SWH + ConfigureDefender is a simplified version of Hard_Configurator (set to Basic Recommended Settings).
Thanks for letting me know.:)
I thought the SWH and ConfigureDefender processes overlapped. What's more, Hard _ Configurator, not ConfigureDefender, didn't really understand the configuration.
I think your software is really a Backseat player.(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.