Aerofara TANK56
AMD Ryzen 5 5600U
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Hello everybody, (and sorry for my english)

1. first of my desires is to replace O&O ShutUp10++ - so, reset settings, and go with a new software (something like privacy sexy or winddows decrapifier)

2. I used Andy Ful soft in the past, then I replace it with DefenderUI - same thing of the first point, I've to undo all the changes did by Andy's soft.
For me, its software it's too much complicated, to choose which it's right for me, and I wanna a set-and-forget thing.

3. Now the big question about browser. Months ago a migrate from vivaldi to edge, even if I really like favourites right sidebar by vivaldi. When I found this Which browsers are best for privacy? , ok, maybe edge is even worse than vivaldi, but on my pc has sensational perfomance - I've never get back, but I wanna go over. I'm planning from months to replace edge with brave, but perfomance seems not to be the same (I've to test it more).

Unfortunately on chrome-like browsers there's no tab containering feature as on firefox - could someone make me sure tab's data is unreadable by another one?
I dunno if I'm explaining clearly, sorry. So, for example, if in one tab I'm on facebook and in another one on twitter?

Last thing is uBlock configuration, I dunno what to do, I wanna a set'n forget setting.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Recommend to enable Windows Hello for additional user account privacy and security.

Windows Hello is Microsoft’s login system for Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers. It supports biometric authentication methods – like facial recognition, iris scans and fingerprints – which help to ensure that not just anyone can get into your laptop.

These methods are faster, easier and generally understood to be more secure than entering a typical password.
Learn more: What is Windows Hello? The biometric security system explained

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
That test made by Brave oversimplifies things, it applies to default browsers settings and basically 3rd party adblocker, that is pretty much what Brave is all about.
Unfortunately on chrome-like browsers there's no tab containering feature as on firefox
No, because Chromium browsers approach/name it differently. They have Partitioned cookies, Strict-Origin-Isolation, Storage Buckets, various sandboxes, etc.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
That test made by Brave oversimplifies things, it applies to default browsers settings and basically 3rd party adblocker, that is pretty much what Brave is all about.

No, because Chromium browsers approach/name it differently. They have Partitioned cookies, Strict-Origin-Isolation, Storage Buckets, various sandboxes, etc.
Ah ok. So you think I can reach same results with a well-configured chrome-like browser, I suppose

Ok, that's clearer to me.
I know you didn't ask for this but it seems that you don't have/use any backup plan or software.
Sometimes I do a backup witj Cobian Reflector on an external hdd

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Use default filters plus your choice of imported filter lists, or use Ghostery.

Edit: ConfigureDefender on High setting is simple and problem-free.
I don't like ghostery. But you give me the force to read how to block frame on ublock origin, adding it to my filters list. I'll test and maybe I'll block also script.

I don't know, DefenderUI is only one soft, Andy makes different versions, choose which to use is already a problem for me.
No periodic scan ? (Malwarebytes, Emsisoft and co)
No backup software or Maintenance tools ?
I have a lot of scanner, I use them always less.
Backup: Cobian Reflector, no one knows here? I really like it.
Maintenance like what? I let windows does itself.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your suggestions.

gonza

Level 2
Sep 10, 2019
Backup: Cobian Reflector, no one knows here? I really like it.
For sure! Cobian is good backup software. The developer sold the source code years ago and started a new project: Cobian Reflector (it seems he is good at coding but not at choosing names) Anyway, Cobian is a really old (but not outdated) and solid, but it only works for files.

What about a system backup/recovery program? Not a must, since your files are safe with Cobian, but you can save a lot of time if you need to reinstall and setup your OS.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
For sure! Cobian is good backup software. The developer sold the source code years ago and started a new project: Cobian Reflector (it seems he is good at coding but not at choosing names) Anyway, Cobian is a really old (but not outdated) and solid, but it only works for files.

What about a system backup/recovery program? Not a must, since your files are safe with Cobian, but you can save a lot of time if you need to reinstall and setup your OS.
I've never investigated the thing, because I've never needed it. But a reset from windows system settings? Or can you suggest me something? :giggle:

Reactions: Sorrento

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
I'm learning dynamic filtering by uBlock Origin, it's simply fantastic, you have the power in your finger, i'ts almost funny, block frame and script and unblock only resources you need.

But, for my mum, that's not a tech person, is static filtering by uBlockOrigin the best yet? Or is there something new?

• Applause
Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm learning dynamic filtering by uBlock Origin, it's simply fantastic, you have the power in your finger, i'ts almost funny, block frame and script and unblock only resources you need.
Indeed, there is some learning curve but sooner or later you understand intuitively what needs unblocking to fix breakage. Keeping dynamic filtering rules only for sites you typically visit is the best tip I got. Otherwise, temporary rules for the rest. 👍:cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.