Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/shukla44-home-desktop.63606/

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I can't install NPE, setup always crashes. Had HMP, removed it because it was just a scanner, i need a remover too. EEK & AdwCleaner seems the best choice for me.

Instead of adwcleaner you can try Malwarebytes. Adwcleaner was acquired by Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will detect everything that adwcleaner will detect plus more.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Instead of adwcleaner you can try Malwarebytes. Adwcleaner was acquired by Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will detect everything that adwcleaner will detect plus more.
I know it was acquired. Malwarebytes is written in big, bold letters on the GUI. :ROFLMAO:
I need the portability of AdwCleaner & EEK. I generally prefer On-demand scanner which are portable.
Zemana, NPE & HMP are out for me, so what is left is what i installed.;)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I know it was acquired. Malwarebytes is written in big, bold letters on the GUI. :ROFLMAO:
I need the portability of AdwCleaner & EEK. I generally prefer On-demand scanner which are portable.
Zemana, NPE & HMP are out for me, so what is left is what i installed.;)
Zemana does have a portable version.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Yes Zemana does have a portable version which is also free. Zemana 3 will be released very shortly and you can give it a try. Currently it's in closed beta. I'm testing it out and so far I've liked the improvements over version 2.

Reactions: harlan4096

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Yes Zemana does have a portable version which is also free. Zemana 3 will be released very shortly and you can give it a try. Currently it's in closed beta. I'm testing it out and so far I've liked the improvements over version 2.
Does Zemana 3 still make tracking files in Windows folder?
I stopped using Zemana 2 because of this &it's annoying detecting of everything.

Reactions: harlan4096

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Does Zemana 3 still make tracking files in Windows folder?
I stopped using Zemana 2 because of this &it's annoying detecting of everything.
Zemana version 3 needs to be installed and it's not portable. The portable version will be released after it comes out of beta. You can join the closed beta if you like. It's on this forum itself.

shukla44

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
It's okay, i won't use Zemana. :oops:
I don't even run OD scanners for months, just need them for my peace of mind. So i don't need any complicated & functionality rich software, i just need a scanner for garbage that my main security setup missed, which is almost all the time, nothing.

Last edited:

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
It's okay, i won't use Zemana. :oops:
I don't even run OD scanners for months, just need them for my peace of mind. So i don't any complicated & functionality rich software, i just need a scanner for garbage that my main security setup missed, which is allmost all the time, nothing.

Yeah online scanners are just for peace of mind. If you're a careful user they won't find anything

Reactions: shukla44

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.