Sid_16 PC Security Configuration.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
then you will have a very solid setup ;)
Sir, now I've EAM with online Armor and MBAM pro installed. I uninstalled Zemana and SAS.
The online Armor in its default state is in learning mode and I see every now and then a pop up windows saying, whether to trust/allow or untrust/disallow certain program 'cos it is unable to make any decision :(. Its confusion is on the software like 'firefox, google chrome,glaryutility, gilisoft file lock pro, iobit driver booster, stardock and many other programs :). Will it continue showing the annoying massages for...ever or is there any end to it?:p
thanks and regards,
sid_16.

D

Deleted member 178

Oa has a powerful HIPS (the thing asking you for decision) , if it annoy you , you can check the options to reduce them. go to OA > program > options (check what fit your need)

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
My new system Configuration;
Real time PC Security- ESS 8
Antimalware - ZAM BETA Lifetime. :D
2ND. Antivirus- Webroot (6months promo)
Other security added - Shadow Defender, Sandboxie, Appguard, MAEP and Revo Uninstaller pro.
On demand scanner- MBAP & Hitmanpro.
Browser add on- Firefox-(Sticky Password, IDM, NOSCRIPT, Printscreen)
For Google Chrome-(Zenmate,IDM extension that never works instead of uninstalling reinstalling Chrome.:p)

Off late I'm playing with some dangerous live virus in Malware hub :p and I need some expert advice, whether my security configuration is okay to test sometime not always with live virus at Malware Hub?
Thanks and Regards,
sid_16.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My new system Configuration;
Off late I'm playing with some dangerous live virus in Malware hub :p and I need some expert advice, whether my security configuration is okay to test sometime not always with live virus at Malware Hub?

Since you have Sandboxie and Shadow Defender on your system then you should not worry about, however just be careful to avoid any accidents so highly suggest to have a system image backup for safety reason. ;)

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Every month after my system gets updated, I create a system image to an external HD.

Reactions: tonibalas
D

Deleted member 178

no safety backup, formatting & reinstalling is the best for roxxor users ;)

(just joking, except for me, i do that :D )

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Since you have Sandboxie and Shadow Defender on your system then you should not worry about, however just be careful to avoid any accidents so highly suggest to have a system image backup for safety reason. ;)

no safety backup, formatting & reinstalling is the best for roxxor users ;)

(just joking, except for me, i do that :D )

I've gave up my dare devil attitude of testing the live malware in malware hub. Because I don't have any virtual machine and all the testing was done in my real system. Now I became dead sure that either shadow defender or sandboxie will give 100% protection against those stubborn and dangerous malware/cryptolocker etc.

It took almost a week to clean those nasty stuff I invited in to my system (which bypassed the strong vault like protection from shadow defender and sandboxie).

A very big thanks to those who are uploading and testing those malware samples in the malware hub.
Thanks,
sid_16.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Update; 28.01.2016
I'm currently using ESET Smart Security 9 as my real time protection.
AppGuard
Novirus Thanks EXE Radar Pro
SpyShelter Premium
Malwarebyte Antimalware Premium
Malwarebyte Antiexploit Premium
Sandboxie
Shadow Defender
Adguard premium
Sticky Password Manager Premium
Backup (windows default) and Aomei Backupper Pro on a regular basis (monthly once after the system updates)
Do I need anything else in my PC?

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Update; 28.01.2016
I'm currently using ESET Smart Security 9 as my real time protection.
AppGuard
Novirus Thanks EXE Radar Pro
SpyShelter Premium
Malwarebyte Antimalware Premium
Malwarebyte Antiexploit Premium
Sandboxie
Shadow Defender
Adguard premium
Sticky Password Manager Premium
Backup (windows default) and Aomei Backupper Pro on a regular basis (monthly once after the system updates)
Do I need anything else in my PC?
I think everything is very well covered.
If AppGuard/NVT EXE Radar Pro are configured correctly alongside ESET, then it's safe to call your system a fortress. :p

Reactions: sid_16

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I think everything is very well covered.
If AppGuard/NVT EXE Radar Pro are configured correctly alongside ESET, then it's safe to call your system a fortress. :p
I've been using AppGuard since a year and half with its default setting and I added NVT ERP day before yesterday. I too have installed it with its default setting. Unlike you all I'm not that expert in tweaking these security software to bring out the best from it. Few times I changed the settings of few security related software seeing the tutorials from here by the great Umbra but it caused trouble and then decided to keep all the settings to its default. Now I'm happy.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I've been using AppGuard since a year and half with its default setting and I added NVT ERP day before yesterday. I too have installed it with its default setting. Unlike you all I'm not that expert in tweaking these security software to bring out the best from it. Few times I changed the settings of few security related software seeing the tutorials from here by the great Umbra but it caused trouble and then decided to keep all the settings to its default. Now I'm happy.
It's generally true that the more software you add, the more you need to tweak them in order to achieve better compatibility (especially if an application has overlapping features with an other one). It's not all trouble, of course. Like you said, having multiple security software rewards you with a (true) sense of security and allows you to go on about your everyday and productive tasks with greater confidence!

Reactions: sid_16

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I tend to agree here, the more security stuff you add to the system the more 'content' you feel like you're safe while you're online but believe me its about 6 and half years back my custom built PC was running Windows XP and I've only quick heal antivirus as a real time protection. I knew nothing about other security stuff as I know now but my system was clean then. I used Wndows XP for an year and half then switched to Windows 7 then I became member here and other computer related forum. The more I read about PC security the more I became curious to add more and more security stuffs to my system. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.