Not open for further replies.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This hardware is new since Aug 2016, wanted strong hardware to comfortably use VM. (I'll upload soon, I had info that that box in wrong format). I was otherwise preoccupied and just got around to installing virtualbox a few weeks ago. first installed CFW in vbox with cruelsister config, then added voodooshield autopilot for its Ai and link to VT. And then I've always liked EAM so added it and notice no slowdown in vbox performance. So now online in vbox almost exclusively.

As for the hardware OS, kis has been light and trouble free, both on this pc and others. voodooshield always on when using vbox in the improbable event of something mal slipping out of vbox (most likely user error), and deep armor because I like Ai ever since I read Spiritual Machines, Kurzweil (1999)(& his prior books on Ai). the only slow down (slight) seems to come from deep armor, but it's not enough to be annoying. separating vbox from the real machine, running 3 real-time security apps in each, does not feel like overkill when there's no noticeable slowdown and apps play well together. My mainstay apps are CFW in vbox, and kis and vs in hardware box. I know I need to spend more time with macrium, backup more often.

Last time I was infected was iloveyou worm 2000, and it came from a corporate email from a friend, and that's when I started to pay more attention to security. Lately privacy is of equal concern, that's a big unknown.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Great config:)
The fact that the last time you were infected was because of ILOVEYOU is cool ;)
I remember that malware caused a "massacre" in that period...

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
where do I post my hardware? I got to that point in wizard and put in some details only for the wizard to say wrong format, it seems want a URL.
various apps collect hardware data, is there a standard format for that here? thanks. (ps I skimmed the guidelines as I recall seeing something about hardware, but then I could not find it :confused: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.