Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
So I decided to have a look at encrypting my DNS connections considering that I didn't want to use a VPN and I came across Simple DnsCrypt. I found it easy to use and configure :)

Have anyone use such a program before?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
So I decided to have a look at encrypting my DNS connections considering that I didn't want to use a VPN and I came across Simple DnsCrypt. I found it easy to use and configure :)

Have anyone use such a program before?
I tried it once. I deem it great, but my experience with it was not. DNS' resolution would usually fail after a few minutes. I'm not sure if that's still the case now, though. I think @Umbra still uses the application. :)

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
@XhenEd i always use it , no issues so far , sometimes you may suffer internet slowdown depending the server :)
I got one setting where the DNS request is cached:
upload_2017-10-21_16-33-50.png
Unless it a different issue that you are talking about

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.