Advice Request Simple Stupid Security vs. free AV

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Would you prefer a free AV over Simple Stupid Security?

• Yes

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bikeman0I17

Level 1
Verified
Sep 22, 2017
Been debating just using Defender in lieu of Avast Free Antivirus, but still a bit nervous using it full time, but when 1903 launches in late May, might give it a shot using once again, All I visit site wise is this site, other PC news sites, local news, ublock origin in place. But I will see, Avast I don't know if uninstalls cleanly or not, or i'd give it a shot now

at this point will see

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Been debating just using Defender in lieu of Avast Free Antivirus, but still a bit nervous using it full time, but when 1903 launches in late May, might give it a shot using once again, All I visit site wise is this site, other PC news sites, local news, ublock origin in place. But I will see, Avast I don't know if uninstalls cleanly or not, or i'd give it a shot now

at this point will see

It sounds like your browsing habits are safe so using either Avast or Windows Defender makes no difference. Avast/AVG uninstalls in the regular fashion but afterward you will have to: 1. delete the scheduled task for overseer.exe, and 2. delete overseer.exe itself. Remnants can be cleaned up manually. This is no big deal. You may install ConfigureDefender to easily enable WD's full capability. (y):) PM me if you have any questions.

Bikeman0I17

Level 1
Verified
Sep 22, 2017
Thanks oldschool for the reply, and will PM if any questions, grabs ConfigureDefender, and will work on system configuration tomorrow, on Laptop, and Desktop, same habits on both, though on Desktop more than i am Laptop lol lately lol.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.