Siren05's Config., I welcome suggestions!

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
This is my current setup, I would always welcome suggestions. Sticky Password in the password department is doing fine for me, but i am wondering if people here use it or should i switch to lastpass.

I also tried to like chrome, but i couldnt.

I will take some advice about sandboxing my firefox?

Almost forgot, also have SpiderOak, Dropbox for cloud. True crypted USB for sensitive files.

Thanks

Last edited:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Emet 4.1 is also a good option for antiexploit, maybe better than MBAM's product. Check it out :)
Good configuration, I think you don't need that tone of pc optimizing software. Registry should be modified only for serious reason if you know what you do.
Ccleaner should be enough. It's widely used and does not cause problems. Even it's registry cleaner is relatively safe. I had been using it at the past and there were no problems. Then I did a research to find that cleaning up registry usually does not cause any boost, only if there are obvious problems.

adyblueboy

Level 2
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Emet 4.1 is also a good option for antiexploit, maybe better than MBAM's product. Check it out :)
Good configuration, I think you don't need that tone of pc optimizing software. Registry should be modified only for serious reason if you know what you do.
Ccleaner should be enough. It's widely used and does not cause problems. Even it's registry cleaner is relatively safe. I had been using it at the past and there were no problems. Then I did a research to find that cleaning up registry usually does not cause any boost, only if there are obvious problems.
True 100%.

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion, currently trying Emet 4.1, should i exclude kaspersky on emet, can i run along with mbam anti exploit.

Also, i only use utilities for cleaning, uninstall, no registry fix

Y

yigido

Thank you. Already tried that, kaspersky safe money addon doesnt work in cyberfox.
Maybe this add-on is only works with 32bit browsers ;) It is not Cybefox problem. If you want, you can try 32bit Cyberfox browser :)

Reactions: siren05

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion, currently trying Emet 4.1, should i exclude kaspersky on emet, can i run along with mbam anti exploit.

Also, i only use utilities for cleaning, uninstall, no registry fix
It's ok to use both antiexploit tools (edit:Despite they say they are compatible each other, there have been reported some issues possibly because MBAE is still in beta). Using EMET along with Kaspersky should be ok without changing the configuration of the EMET tool.

You can check here some info about MBAE. EMET currently protects more apps than MBAE. If you click the import button in EMET UI, you can add popular software etc (3 files/lists), so not having to add apps manually and research if they are fully compatible with EMET's technology.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you. Already tried that, kaspersky safe money addon doesnt work in cyberfox.
Thanks for sharing your config. siren.:) I 'tried to like Chrome' too, and still hang with Chrome's younger faster half brother, Comodo Dragon. Rather than ditching "Mr dyed in the wool" Firefox for a sexier younger Cyberfox, why not do what I've initiated on my windows 8? Keep your system lighter, & use portable apps:cool:; & keep Firefox while just having fun with a faster & lighter sports car version of your default browser.:D I like all of the extensions you've listed (..those I know here) as some are new for me. If you test drive LastPass, it works well with the portable version Cyberfox placed on a memory stick. Here's a post you might like http://malwaretips.com/threads/should-i-trust-in-lastpass.23397/#post-169305 You might keep Sticky Password on your Firefox, & try LastPass on the "sports car"!:p In fact, using a separate memory stick (495 MB)roughly 350 MB of space, would also be a straight forward option for backing up your system. That's what I do!:)

Last edited:

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Definitely a very good security setup right there. Just keep everything updated and you're good!

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Thanks for sharing your config. siren.:) I 'tried to like Chrome' too, and still hang with Chrome's younger faster half brother, Comodo Dragon. Rather than ditching "Mr dyed in the wool" Firefox for a sexier younger Cyberfox , why not do what I've initiated on my windows 8? Keep your system lighter, & use portable apps:cool:; & keep Firefox while just having fun with a faster & lighter sports car version of your default browser.:D I like all of the extensions you've listed (..those I know here) as some are new for me. If you test drive LastPass, it works well with the portable version Cyberfox placed on a memory stick. Here's a post you might like http://malwaretips.com/threads/should-i-trust-in-lastpass.23397/#post-169305 You might keep Sticky Password on your Firefox, & try LastPass on the "sports car"!:p In fact, using a separate memory stick (495 MB)roughly 350 MB of space, would also be a straight forward option for backing up your system. That's what I do!:)

Thanks for the suggestions, i will try dragon as well as cyberfox.

Besides, the interface of lastpass puts me off. Sticky password is good, the only drawback is two way authentication they support is via email.

I like your idea of portable apps, will try first to see if it suits my needs.

I am also considering shadow defender.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My suggestion: get rid of Advanced Systemcare Pro, by thieves ..
.. then this config is too paranoid I think?
- I have none of your software (except CCleaner only) and I'm still living on my Windows XP ..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.