Site was down

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
The site was down. The downtime was quite long - 10 hours, according to the service I use to check our uptime. Jack might have more information since he communicates with our host.

I'm really sorry about this.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
bogdan said:
The site was down. The downtime was quite long - 10 hours, according to the service I use to check our uptime. Jack might have more information since he communicates with our host.

I'm really sorry about this.

No need to worry :) thanks for the info.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
We actually do since this is not the first problem encountered. We'll see what happened and if we are not satisfied by the answer we'll probably need to change hosting.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Well if you still not happy with them, I know a very good host to use, will even give you my ref link.... seriously they are good, support is top notch. PM me for details if you should ever need them! :)

Still having problems with the site, even used Site Inspector on it (for quick look) and it failed... Managed to get back on after 30 mins or so, so hopefully its sorted now.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
The website crashes to often. When I ping malwaretips.com one or two of the sent packages are lost and this I only experience here; I have tried to ping other forums and all packages were sent and received.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Definitely not the first time because back when this all got started and I was checking in during several attempts I found the site was down, it got to the point that I actually assumed the idea got scrapped, plus I accidentally lost the link and until I saw the site mentioned on the other forum (rM) I didn't know things were back, it has definitely changed since I had last seen it! Nice work guys and I would like to apologize for not being more useful when things got started and for losing the link and not checking it again more beyond that week when off and on I couldn't get here, should have just asked one of ya over at rM what was up.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I think whois tells me that you are using "IPV host". I checked their website and WOT told me they weren't used much. Maybe it is time to go to a slightly more expensive but reliable host. :p

Anyway, I thought I was so annoying that it was a DDoS. :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
That's what I'm doing right now..the sad part is that they are pretty expensive... :p

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Jack said:
That's what I'm doing right now..the sad part is that they are pretty expensive... :p

You're changing hosts, check out www.tsohost.co.uk as they are seriously good in service and support, really go out of their way for you.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
AyeAyeCaptain said:
Jack said:

You're changing hosts, check out www.tsohost.co.uk as they are seriously good in service and support, really go out of their way for you.
Thank you.I will take a look.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
They're good price as well, test them out by sending some emails, you'll find its not just the sales that is quick response. When I used them a while ago for a long time (have no use for it at the moment) all my tickets/emails for responsded to within 5 minutes, upto 15 minutes on weekend, this is very fast indeed and one can only enjoy such an offering. WHT, and other trusted places offer an insight into the company, they are reputable no doubt about that Jack.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Btw guys . sorry for the Down Period :grrrrrr:.The Hosting Company reported a DDos attack on their servers..... so :(

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Would this be to do with the host? I get this whenever I try to upload something:
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Would this be to do with the host? I get this whenever I try to upload something:
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server.

I got this too when trying to upload/add my Windows Index pic to show you guys what i got, I put this down to me being tired and gave up and forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.