Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sitting is killing you - The truth about sitting down

http://www.howtogeek.com/93822/sitting-is-killing-you-infographic/

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
This is a good post.

It never ceases to make me cringe when I see a truck driver that is not even 35 or 40 that is overweight and has vericose veins all over his legs.

I don't walk long distances, I simply run up a long steep hill once or twice and then walk up it a couple more times. I do this around 5 days a week. If you do not have a long, steep hill, as I do, then buy a bike if you can afford it. My son was getting pretty pudgy and out of shape, and he got a bike and already has put over 100 miles on it, and he is playing a lot of basketball when he is not at school or on the computer. It is all about getting that heart hammering for around 30 minutes most days.

If you choose to follow my advice, DO NOT CONFUSE THIRST WITH HUNGER. Make sure you fully hydrate before you eat, or you will eat 20-50% more because you are thirsty and attempting to quench your thirst with food. Only drink WATER when you are thirsty. Keep sweet beverages to a minimum. Always drink low sugar drinks with meals (water is better). If you must eat sweets or dessert, do it after you have consumed a reasonable amount of protein and fiber, and a little fat too. Sugar is the enemy, not fat.

Find a quality multi-vitamin from sellers such as GNC, Swanson Vitamins, or Now Foods. I use "ADAM" from Now Foods in IL. It is the best on the market and is reasonably priced. If you are a small person, take one a day instead of two. Take it when your digestive enzymes are kicking, such as after, or during a small meal. Don't supplement without consulting a doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, or major metabolization issues.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I knew the internet would be the end of me! Oh well, you have to die from something, right?

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I am in crappy shape since i've been on computers, it's hard to get out of this bad habit...I need to get a bike!

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Now i have something to blame my bad shape on lol :D i really need more activity though...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm like half way in this I sit down during TAFE and some days, I don't end up sitting down apart from a rest from the gym and what sport we do. As I bet all our parents said sit up straight if not it will wreck our back, well it's time to show them this. :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Lol, it seems I got my tablet for another good reason. I have started walking a bit all around the home (lol me and my father like walking in the home but always my mom and sisters laugh at us :D).

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I can't imagine that without you walking into something and dropping your tablet. :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Lol, it seems I got my tablet for another good reason. I have started walking a bit all around the home (lol me and my father like walking in the home but always my mom and sisters laugh at us :D).

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Lol ive done that with my smart phone so many times :p walls and signs come out of no where

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'I need to get a bike!'

- Remember to not force too.
Use bike with a good seat and not too much in the woods, where there is difficult terrain, because your ass could catch the wound that would not heal - anal fissure. Then it will remain for you to have an surgery (or more ..) in the nearest hospital ..
Never too much effort, never excesses, in fact - in everything.

dwarfs wrote: 'Can't sit, can't walk, can't sleep. You just don't dare to eat and poo.':p here : http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medical-conditions-diseases/how-heal-anal-fissure-25086.html

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Im not sure this post is totally true.When I sit for long periods of time,I keep in shape by doing arm curls with a cup of coffee in one hand and a cigarette in the other.The coffee and the cigarette increase my heart rate for a great cardio workout.Every so often I bend over in my chair to pick something up which gives me an ab chiseling workout also.Just so I dont get lazy I switch the cup of coffee with a beer.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Im not sure this post is totally true.When I sit for long periods of time,I keep in shape by doing arm curls with a cup of coffee in one hand and a cigarette in the other.The coffee and the cigarette increase my heart rate for a great cardio workout.Every so often I bend over in my chair to pick something up which gives me an ab chiseling workout also.Just so I dont get lazy I switch the cup of coffee with a beer.

Wow. Now that is dedication.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.