Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Another set of Intel Skylake Core i7-6700K performance and gaming benchmarks have been leaked by Chinese sources. The latest benchmarks once again pit the flagship 14nm Skylake processor against the flagship 22nm Devil’s Canyon processor, the Core i7-4790K which serves the enthusiast space currently on the 9-Series main stream platform. The benchmarks show gains in all departments with the new 6th generation Core series CPU and you can check out the several benchmarks in the post below.

Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake vs Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Benchmarks Leaked Again
The Intel Core i7-6700K is the flagship 14nm processor of the Skylake-S desktop lineup. Its in fact the first of the two processors which will be launched on 5th August by Intel at Gamescom to kickstart the Skylake lineup and the Z170 chipset based motherboards. Starting off with the flagship Core i7-6700K CPU, we are looking at a quad core design with eight threads which shows a multi-threaded design. The chip features 8 MB of L3 cache and has clock speeds maintained at 4.0 GHz base and 4.2 GHz boost clock. The chip can support DDR4 2133 MHz memory and DDR3L 1600 MHz memory. The processor features the HD 530 graphics chip, clocked at 350 MHz base and 1200 MHz boost and full support for DirectX 12 API.

The processor was compared against the Core i7-4790K which is the flagship Devil’s Canyon processor with a quad core and multi-threaded design. The Core i7-4790K was Intel’s first Haswell based 4 GHz processor plus a boost speed of 4.4 GHz (across all cores) and features 8 MB L3 cache. The processor has a TDP of 88W. Core i7-4790K was tested on an MSI Z97 Gaming motherboard while the Core i7-6700K was tested on a soon to launch, MSI Z170 Gaming Pro motherboard which we detailed a few days ago.

The MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Motherboard and the Test Rig:

MSI Z170A Gaming Pro features the LGA 1151 socket that is powered by a 8-Pin connector while the board itself is powered by the 24-Pin ATX connector. The first thing we notice from the design of this board is that it falls in the extended ATX category since the PCB is extended to the right to make room for the fully illuminated RGB LEDs strip that runs from top to bottom of the board. The board features a nice red and black color layout with three heatsinks cooling off the 8 Phase VRM and the Z170 PCH. The The most notable thing about the Pro gaming motherboard is the RGB LED strip which allows users to choose from 16.5 Million colors and 8 different LED effects.

Aside from the fancy details adopted by the Z170A Gaming Pro, the motherboard comes with four DDR4 DIMM slots that can support up to 64 GB of capacity with speeds of 3300 MHz (O.C+). Expansion options include two PCI-e 3.0 x16, two PCI-e 3.0 x1 and three legacy PCI slots. There are not M.2 ports on this motherboard but MSI is designing gaming boards which will make use of up to two Turbo M.2 slots with performance rated up to 64 GB/s in transfer speeds ensuring the best possible performance from NVMe SSDs. Other features include Game Boost dial which ensures better clock speed boost while gaming and MSI LAN Protect that has 15KV anti-surge protection. Storage options on this motherboard include 6 SATA III 6 GB/s ports and a single SATA Express port. There’s the MSI Audio Boost chip allocated to its own isolated PCB. Internal USB headers include two USB 2.0 and a single USB 3.0 header. Memory used included Corsair Avenger LPX DDR4 DIMMs (4GX4 2400MHz timing 14-16-16-31) and for gaming benchmarks, the tester used a high-end MSI GeForce GTX 980 TI Gaming graphics card.

Intel Core i7-6700K 6.53 GHz (2.023V) and 5.2 GHz (1.35V) Validations
Before we head over to the benchmarks, you should definately check out these two extreme overclocks of the Core i7-6700K which have been validated through CPU-z. The 6.53 GHz overclockis insane and achieved with LN2 on an MSI Z170A Gaming 7 motherboard while the 5.2 GHz (1.35V)validation was achieved by HKEPC that we reported yesterday on an ASRock Z170 OC Formula motherboard.
http://wccftech.com/intel-skylake-core-i7-6700k-vs-core-i7-4790k-benchmarks-performance-leaked/

Reactions: jamescv7 and Sloth

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
As long as AMD has no new CPUs which can match or even outperform Intel the development will stay as pathetic as it currently is. Zen might be AMDs saviour but I doubt it.

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.