Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Yes, but you don't need Malwarebytes Anti Exploit.

L

LabZero

Question: Does Malwarebytes Anti Exploit compatible with Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential?
I use MAE free with Norton and Webroot and I have not encountered problems.
I think it's also compatible with Qihoo because MAE (free) works on browser level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@user102 : The built in exploit modules of an AV and standalone tool are varies on effectiveness but its not a harmful to add as supplement.

Better maintain those targeted applications to be update regularly.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Another question though: Can i run Malwarebytes Anti Malware with Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential at a real time protection?

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Update 11/23/2015

Remove: Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential because of too much false positive i can't deal with it.

Added: Bitdefender Total Security 2016.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@user102: As always a thumb of the rule, MBAM Premium is not a full blown AV and rather design to be a companion to the current AV's. So if no issues occur then its totally fine. ;)

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Do you guys think this security setup is alright? Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium + Zemana Anti Malware Premium + Voodoshield free? I think is redundant to have two anti malware running, but do you guys think Malwarebytes and Zemana running together will be a major issue?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Do you guys think this security setup is alright? Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium + Zemana Anti Malware Premium + Voodoshield free? I think is redundant to have two anti malware running, but do you guys think Malwarebytes and Zemana running together will be a major issue?

You can give it a try first and see what happen. Personally I tried WD + MBAM , WD + ZAM, but not all three together since I felt having 2 companion anti-malware would be redundant.
I would try to turn off real-time protection on one of them. ZAM real-time protection is quite powerful.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
You can give it a try first and see what happen. Personally I tried WD + MBAM , WD + ZAM, but not all three together since I felt having 2 companion anti-malware would be redundant.
I would try to turn off real-time protection on one of them. ZAM real-time protection is quite powerful.
I agree with that, MBAM focus on new malware threat, so just make it on demand scanner and run scan routinely.
In other hand, ZAM provide sandbox technology (pandora) so you can keep it as real time protection.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I agree with that, MBAM focus on new malware threat, so just make it on demand scanner and run scan routinely.
In other hand, ZAM provide sandbox technology (pandora) so you can keep it as real time protection.

Thanks for the advice :), but would MBAM and Zemana conflict each other?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015

Like I say, give it a try. Conflict or not you would know once you tried.
As far as I'm concern with both installed wouldn't have any conflict. If there is, just turn of one of the real-time protection or put in exclusion to both of them.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Like I say, give it a try. Conflict or not you would know once you tried.
As far as I'm concern with both installed wouldn't have any conflict. If there is, just turn of one of the real-time protection or put in exclusion to both of them.

Thanks again, and will try your advice tomorrow.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Based on my experience, when I installed MBAM premium+ZAM free= no conflict. However when I installed MBAM premium+ZAM premium (trial)=MBAM doesn't start during windows start-up. Since I only have MBAM premium, I ditched ZAM. ;)

Please note that, I installed MBAM before ZAM.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Based on my experience, when I installed MBAM premium+ZAM free= no conflict. However when I installed MBAM premium+ZAM premium (trial)=MBAM doesn't start during windows start-up. Since I only have MBAM premium, I ditched ZAM. ;)

Please note that, I installed MBAM before ZAM.

Does exclusions solve your issue?

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I don't know, please let me know if you can apply those solution.
;)

Update: I try it on my crappy AMD laptop, and it does work. MBAM Premium does work with Zemana Anti Malware Premium, i even restarted multiple times after installed these two software. Also, the RAM consumed it quite pretty moderate/high especially on my configuration that i plan, so i might think again if i want to do it or not, and i don't want to turn my gaming PC into slow PC.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Update

Remove: BitDefender Total Security 2016. Well, i have a good time with BitDefender product so far, but after clear extension of Malwarebytes on BitDefender exclusion list. Geez, 400MB of RAM usage spike with no nothing open just sitting on the desktop!!!!! Holy smoke for a single antivirus engine. If you are running Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium alongside with BitDefender Total Security please add exclusions for both of them or else BitDefender will use close to half of 1GB RAM.

Added: Hello Avast Free Antivirus! My first 3rd party free antivirus after MSE fail on me on my Windows 7 machine. I were surprise by the RAM usage, this thing consume less than 30MB of RAM that is 13.3 times less than what BitDefender use.

Added: VoodoShield Free, and the reason of it well it is anti executable and easy to use and i like it. I did installed on my AMD A6 laptop, and boy this thing it amazin! Plus it free, so i will take it.

Keep: Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium can runs alongside with Avast, so therefore, i keep it and since i paid for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.