Not open for further replies.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Update

:(Remove VoodooShield due to incompatible with Avast and MBAM :(.
Can you explain exactly what the problem was? Perhaps someone can help you. Also if there is some issue,then it's best to contact the developer.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Can you explain exactly what the problem was? Perhaps someone can help you. Also if there is some issue,then it's best to contact the developer.

Game is not fully close such as after i exit PlanetSide 2 and then try to exit Steam, but Steam told me that i need to shut down PlanetSide 2, and this issue wasn't happened after i uninstall VoodooShield. Also, system lock up when i type my password to log in to my computer., but since i uninstalled VoodooShield, my system running fine as normal. Game is fully close, and system no longer lock up.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Update

Remove: Avast! Free Antivirus.

Added: Kaspersky Internet Security 2016( I won the giveaway).

Keep: Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium

Reactions: Mihir :-)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Added: Geek Uninstall free

For some reason, some of application doesn't show up on Revo Uninstall Free. Can anyone explain why?

Also, what do you guys think about Iobit Uninstaller 5? Is it good and safe? Does it install bundles adware in the background without user consents?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

For some reason, some of application doesn't show up on Revo Uninstall Free. Can anyone explain why?

Also, what do you guys think about Iobit Uninstaller 5? Is it good and safe? Does it install bundles adware in the background without user consents?
Revo often has some probs and Not Updated frequently which makes the application incompatible with other apps by not showing apps in the lists!!
IOBIT i feel is BLOATED and doesn't do the JOB well!!1
Geek UN is a Good option but my personal fav is TOTAL UNINSTALL(PAID THOUGH)

regards

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Revo often has some probs and Not Updated frequently which makes the application incompatible with other apps by not showing apps in the lists!!

regards

Good thing I'm using the free version of Revo.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Iobit unistaller is one of the best free uninstaller. It works well for both 32-bits and 64-bits, which I have heard Revo has issues with.

Iobit Uninstaller will run in the background, this is to detect when an application has uninstalled and give the user the choice to deep scan for leftovers. For example if for some reason, the users decides to go to control panel/ program and features and uninstall from there, usually the user will get a prompt for deep scan.

The latest versions of Iobit has introduced some sort of "reboot deep scan". Some application requires the user to reboot after the uninstall, with the new feature you will get prompt for a deep scan after the reboot.
Also it is able to remove Windows 8 apps from the Microsoft store.

Now for the bad side.
Iobit has unfortunate habit of trying to bundle one software with the other. Some if you try to default install it, you most likely will end up installing either Driver Booster or Advance System Care as well.

Now if were to recommend a paid uninstaller. It will be Soft Organizer.

regards
Can you tell me what was it about Iobit that you found "bloated"?

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Iobit unistaller is one of the best free uninstaller. It works well for both 32-bits and 64-bits, which I have heard Revo has issues with.

Iobit Uninstaller will run in the background, this is to detect when an application has uninstalled and give the user the choice to deep scan for leftovers. For example if for some reason, the users decides to go to control panel/ program and features and uninstall from there, usually the user will get a prompt for deep scan.

The latest versions of Iobit has introduced some sort of "reboot deep scan". Some application requires the user to reboot after the uninstall, with the new feature you will get prompt for a deep scan after the reboot.
Also it is able to remove Windows 8 apps from the Microsoft store.

Now for the bad side.
Iobit has unfortunate habit of trying to bundle one software with the other. Some if you try to default install it, you most likely will end up installing either Driver Booster or Advance System Care as well.

Now if were to recommend a paid uninstaller. It will be Soft Organizer.

Can you tell me what was it about Iobit that you found "bloated"?

So if I choose to customize, then Iobit won't install other products in the background?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015

regards

@Kantry123 incorrect info in regards to Revo.

@user102 Reason why you do not see some programs in Revo Free is because those are not 32bit programs.

One limitation of Revo is exactly this.
For 64bit versions, you have to use the PRO version.

As for Iobit Uninstaller 5, I can't comment as I use an older portable version. Does it job just fine and doesn't have any bundle associated with and works perfectly fine with Windows 10.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
So if I choose to customize, then Iobit won't install other products in the background?
Yeah. From what I remember, if you pick custom install you shouldn't have any problem.

As for the portable version, I have never tried it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@user102: Well don't forget that Revo Uninstaller Free does not support on x64 so some programs will not listed but instead x86. However if other case is still missing to retrieve those programs then simply because the algorithm use on registry key location is different.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Is Unchecky compatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 and Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.