Status
Not open for further replies.

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Smart Defrag 4, a FREE, light, and stable disk defragment tool designed for maximum hard drive performance, introduces Boot Time Disk Defrag to get up to 100% faster PC startup by intelligently streamlining your files based on using frequency, thus accelerating disk speed for faster data access! The newly added SSD Defrag will significantly improve the access speed of SSDs and expand its useful life. With Game Defrag, users can also manually add the games to the Smart Defrag 4 to be defragged separately from the complete storage drive defrag, for top gaming performance. Being the first Disk Defragmenter that fully supports Windows 8/8.1 Metro Apps, Smart Defrag 4 works fast, automatically and quietly in the background and it is a disk defragmenter suitable for large hard drives.

• Secure Disk Defragmenter with Smart Defragment & Optimization
  • Maximum Hard Drive Performance for Higher Data Access Speed
  • Faster & Automatic Defragmentation for More Disk Space
  • Guaranteed Data Safety and Disk Stability
Download link : http://update.iobit.com/dl/smart-defrag4-setup.exe

Do not turn ON "Automatic defrag" otherwise it will start defragmenting hard disk when computer is left idle. Instead use "schedule defrag" to defrag the partition once a week.

1974608.jpg

1974609.jpg

Nothing special. All game files will be defragmented.

1974610.jpg

Boot time defrag may turn off fast boot in windows 8/10. Not necessary to turn it ON

1974611.jpg

Light theme

1974612.jpg

"Defrag and Fully optimize" is the best option

1974623.jpg

1974613.jpg

1974614.jpg

1974615.jpg

You should schedule a weekly defrag

1974616.jpg

1974617.jpg

1974618.jpg

1974619.jpg

1974620.jpg

1974621.jpg

Last edited:

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
"The newly added SSD Defrag will significantly improve the access speed of SSDs and expand its useful life"

Is this realy true? i have a Samsung ssd 850 pro and want to try the defrag future for the ssd. but i heard that if u defrag the ssd the life from the disc goes down and it realy help nothing because u dont need to defrag a ssd disc.

M

MalwareT

. but i heard that if u defrag the ssd the life from the disc goes down and it realy help nothing because u dont need to defrag a ssd disc.

Defragging SSD is not recommended because it will reduce it's life,same for USB.

Reactions: YuanJiawj

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro has proved to be the best for me so far. I kinda hate Iobit products, but who knows : 3, May try it in the future, thanks for sharing.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Sure it looks nice, but Smart Defrag has traditionally been one of the worst performing defrag software, which in some cases performs worse than the Windows defragmenter. Maybe things have been improved with the new defrag engine in v4, time will tell. I wasn't able to finish testing it, as it was unable to defrag many files when I tested it this morning (and then I tested v3 with the same result). In my opinion IObit's software often performs very poorly (a notable exception is the brilliant Driver Booster which works very well).

MyDefrag is one of the best defragmenters, is also free and performs better than a lot of paid software. It has no background defrag and does not have a nice looking user interface, but it works very well. There's benchmark testing of different defrag software here.

Reactions: akuigla

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Sure it looks nice, but Smart Defrag has traditionally been one of the worst performing defrag software, which in some cases performs worse than the Windows defragmenter. Maybe things have been improved with the new defrag engine in v4, time will tell. I wasn't able to finish testing it, as it was unable to defrag many files when I tested it this morning (and then I tested v3 with the same result). In my opinion IObit's software often performs very poorly (a notable exception is the brilliant Driver Booster which works very well).

MyDefrag is one of the best defragmenters, is also free and performs better than a lot of paid software. It has no background defrag and does not have a nice looking user interface, but it works very well. There's benchmark testing of different defrag software here.

Another test results with different scores: http://www.gamingpcbuilder.com/free-disk-defragmenters-tested/

The main factor I see in both of them, is the software that's used to test the 'Before' and 'After' states. In your tests, it was MyDefrag that was taken, and it became 1st, whereas in the tests given in my link, Defraggler was taken which came 3rd, while MyDefrag came 6th.

Honestly it's hard and not a logical choice to simply follow one test.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I thought it would be good at first, but all it did was corrupt all metro apps.

akuigla

Level 1
Verified
Oct 29, 2013
I tried Puran defrag.It made BSOD to my pc.I don't forgive that and uninstalled Puran.
Tried Smart defrag.This software tried to replace my pc defragler??I denied that and tried it for some time.It slowed down my pc.Uninstalled.
Now,I have MyDefrag.It is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.