Status
Not open for further replies.

codswollip

Level 23
Thread author
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I'm on Chrome and using the black theme. When I select the "smilies" dropdown to post, the graphics are displayed as:
2018-06-08_14h03_02.png

When I select/post, my post smiley looks as odd as these do... but only in Chrome. On Firefox the smiley looks normal.

This happens only on Chrome (v67), not Firefox... Ideas?

codswollip

Level 23
Thread author
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I had this but i can't remember how i resolved it :unsure: it was worse when i was zoomed at more than 100%. Probably not a solution but i think i updated chrome to the latest version and it seems ok for now.
Good thought. For me this didn't fix things unless I zoomed down to 80%... and that's not going to work for me, so I'll play with Chrome's font settings Prorootect mentioned to see what works at 100% zoom.

codswollip

Level 23
Thread author
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I still have this issue. Latest Chrome at default zoom level, but Windows 10 at 125% custom zoom level.
Yep. Same here. So I dropped back to 100% and the smiley displays fine with Chrome also at 100%. But with Chrome at 110% the smiley is broken.

So back to Windows display at 125% with Chrome at 110% ...and broken smilies... at least I can comfortably read the text. Of course there's always Firefox which seems to display better, but for some reason FF doesn't retain my forum cookies so I'm always logging in and resetting zoom. o_O

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Ok, I've finally had some free time and fixed this issue. All the smiles should look good now at any zoom level. Let me know if you have any other issues.

:):cry::rolleyes::mad::oops::ROFLMAO:;):love::cool::notworthy::sleep::X3::unsure::(:confused::D:sick::eek:o_O:sneaky::censored:(y)(n):whistle::p:LOL::giggle::barefoot::cautious::coffee::devil::geek::alien:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.