smitty0324 config

smitty0324

Thread author
Dec 2, 2015
I need an SSD for external saving and avast premier, but this is what I have for the time being.

D

Deleted member 178

Consider a VM for malware samples

agree with that ,

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

L

LabZero

As other members said it is important to create a virtualized environment to test malware to protect your PC and the data it contains.

Exploit based attacks are very dangerous and they are increasing.

Consider a specific anti-exploit app like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit free or Premium.

Last edited by a moderator:

smitty0324

Thread author
Dec 2, 2015
Aside from backing up to an external HDD, consider these free backup applications for creating full system images to restore the exact state of your system as it was when you backed it up:
OR
I will be sure to check these out. I have never been sure of trusting free apps that take system images, but I may now just for the sake of having a secondary source of backup.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

smitty0324

Thread author
Dec 2, 2015
As other members said it is important to create a virtualized environment to test malware to protect your PC and the data it contains.

Exploit based attacks are very dangerous and they are increasing.

Consider a specific anti-exploit app like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit free or Premium.
I have used paralells on an alternate computer, I should probably get it on this one. Thanks for the help!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have used paralells on an alternate computer, I should probably get it on this one. Thanks for the help!
This was a wonderful idea to insure keeping your system clean!:) Here is an article I'd found. It includes "Paralells" plus some free alternatives:

You're wise to be concerned about software as some may be altered to contain PUPs or unwanted installers. Always download directly from the developer when possible. You may also scan your downloaded files at www.virustotal.com :):)

Your configuration was thoughtfully put together, and I liked it!:D
Thank you for sharing.;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may consider to add Rollback RX as snapshot manager to restore some state after you encounter perhaps problematic operation to your system. ;) Plan A implementation before taking a backup & recovery option.

Other than that, your configuration is fine. ;)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
You may consider to add Rollback RX as snapshot manager to restore some state after you encounter perhaps problematic operation to your system. ;) Plan A implementation before taking a backup & recovery option.

Other than that, your configuration is fine. ;)
Well said @jamescv7. Multiple backup layers and methods - when an issue arises you try the most "limited"/"basic" ones first and if those fail then you proceed to more "radical" backup and restore functions. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.