Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I want to change my videoplayer(Potplayer) and i want to try SMPlayer is good or not?
SMPlayer use OpenCandy?

Thanks!

Have a nice day!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Ok...but how can i search sub with Potplayer?
Searching for subtitles from within a player was always been limited and ungrateful, as some subs can show up on 1 hoster and not on any other. So it's always better to search for subs from your browser. I am also using Sublight, it's awesome subtitle searching program

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Emsisoft pop up about(sublight) behavior.TrojanDownloader and behavior.HiddenInstalltion and behavior.CodeInjector!

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I check on VT but this pop ups appears when i install the program, EAM ask me if i want to allow the program to download in backgorund...

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I check on VT but this pop ups appears when i install the program, EAM ask me if i want to allow the program to download in backgorund...
It download newer installation files. I never had problem with it. It's listed and reviewed as safe on Softpedia. Don't worry ;)

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Ok...but how can i search sub with Potplayer?

Like this
Ev6nGgk.png

Reactions: frogboy

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
SMPlayer is not a bad choice, but the installer version is bundled with OpenCandy as mentioned in the article:

Best Free Media Player - Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

You can download the portable version from the website, and still use PotPlayer so you don't miss anything. What SMPlayer is really good at is resource usage. In fact in the latest tests at PCMag, SMPlayer was awarded as the lightest media player among the 15 media players they tested. But otherwise you might want to stick with PotPlayer itself, because of it's immense features, great playback and insanely fast release cycle.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
If you want good subtitles, personally I use Subscene.com, it works great.
I too use Potplayer and so far it has been great, made the switch from KMplayer

59er

Level 1
Apr 23, 2015
Here's a review of media players and resource usage: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/so...best-media-player-for-performance-2011-683569

I needed a media player for an older, Pentium 4 3.0, 2gb DDR ram, system (shush...it's very sensitive). I had VLC installed but wanted to reduce resource usage. I did a bunch of tests before finding the above review and came to the same conclusion. I like the SMPlayer GUI and it serves its purpose well.

Another review here: http://www.fosshub.com/SMPlayer.html

I'd say test away and chose what suits your eye and works well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.