Social Engineering Fail?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
F-Secure has been seeing a run of malware distributed via spammed e-mails in the last couple days.

The e-mail messages and the malware aren't particularly new. The message is fake and pretends to be related to a delivery service; attached to it is a disguised ZIP file containing a trojan-downloader.

If the ZIP file is run, what a user would see is:
se_fail.png

More details - link

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I received spam email before through my yahoo mail from Fedex and i know its a spam so I delete it also it have an attachment that have clearly a malicious.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I am getting a ton of these lately. They get caught by gmail, but i still get a notification.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can't believe that people are still falling for this cheap tricks...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.