SoftMaker FreeOffice

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I just get SSL error when trying to get a free product key for this product. Support forums are full of similar issues (for 2018 version this year) but no real solution/help. Uninstalled, life's too short to waste time faffing about.
I have the same issue with the new version.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
I have the same issue with the new version.
I didn't have a problem installing FreeOffice 2018 a few years back but that now has the same issue too, on re-install. On SoftMakers FreePDF they have a different system whereby you enter an email address to download and the product key is sent automatically.

I tend to use WPS & OpenOffice (still) anyway so not a big issue but would have been nice to have the option.

Reactions: roger_m

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Update on previous posts #20 & #23 above.. it was Windows Firewall that was the hurdle. Disabling firewall before requesting Product Key then re-enabling after key entered worked. Given how many use Windows Firewall this seems a bit odd from SoftMaker.

Reactions: roger_m and Back3

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Update on previous posts #20 & #23 above.. it was Windows Firewall that was the hurdle. Disabling firewall before requesting Product Key then re-enabling after key entered worked. Given how many use Windows Firewall this seems a bit odd from SoftMaker.
Thanks. Did that and was able to get a key.

Reactions: roger_m

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Downloaded and installed the msi file. Weird it didnt ask me for a key.
How do i register?
After a few days, you should get a message:
To continue using the software after ...., You must unlock it with a free product key."
Click the button "Get your free product key now" and enter your email address.

Or
Open TextMaker, go to the menu, click on ? And you should see the message to get a key. (I use the ribbon interface)

Capture d’écran 2021-10-20 212353.jpg

Last edited:

printing

Level 1
Nov 14, 2020
After a few days, you should get a message:
To continue using the software after ...., You must unlock it with a free product key."
Click the button "Get your free product key now" and enter your email address.

Or
Open TextMaker, go to the menu, click on ? And you should see the message to get a key. (I use the ribbon interface)

View attachment 261388

I followed your instructions and got the key. Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.