Softonic acquired ghacks.net website

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
TLDR; Softonic acquired ghacks.net. I remain editor of the site and all writers remain on board. We have full editorial control over the content and articles will be published just like before. Ghacks remains Ghacks.

Softonic contacted me about a potential partnership and talks evolved quickly to a potential sale of the site with me and the other writers staying on as staff. We came to terms quickly as Softonic met all my requirements for a sale of the site.

I remain editor on Ghacks and publish articles just like before. Ashwin and Mike continue to write articles for the site as well and everything in that regard stays just like before. We have full editorial control over the articles and you can expect the same level of quality, if not better..

Softonic takes over many of the administrative tasks including managing the domain and hosting, advertisement, and communication with partners.

It was not an easy decision but in the end, it was the right one. I can focus on what I want to do – write and fiddle around with tech – and Ghacks’ future is secured.

One of my frequent reads, I hope the site owner can keep up his good work moving foward though some of the comments were negative. :cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.