Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
3-softonic-antivirus-comparison-for-2014-total-rating-2013-table1.jpg

Full Article

Reactions: Venustus
D

Deleted member 178

i like the "30% editor", huge ratio ! seems that Norton paid $oftonic well , it help to beat ESET that has better rating in security and performance...

"Comparisons, the best way to select your security product" /sarcasm

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
F-Secure almost last!!:rolleyes::confused::p

Light as a feather on one of my Laptops!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnosis

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I prefer norton. Light & effective. Don't know much about the other stuffs but Bitdefender..... this thing is a pain in the.... you know. Heard quite a lot of good stuffs about Bitdefender. And i was like.... yeaaaaaahhhhhh.... I gotta try this. I was so damn excited when I got the full license from here. But the moment I installed it, I was like, nooooooooooooo..... where's the uninstall button.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
its just like any other comparison data, just use as A reference and then try the product yourself.
my opinion is that lets for a few seconds pretend these websites put out the real results which where not effected or modified in anyway, its still THEIR TESTS!
no group can REALLY simulate the full real-world environment where regular home users install anything their colleges or friend recommend and send them. and no group has ALL the malwares that are active in the internet so no test is actually real! but still its a reference!

Reactions: DaZa9 and Venustus

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
i like the "30% editor", huge ratio ! seems that Norton paid $oftonic well , it help to beat ESET that has better rating in security and performance...

I will second this post

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013

dude, F-secure is better than ESET. in my opinion, Norton too.

D

Deleted member 178

but still its a reference!

i guerss they did their test in 5mn,
dude, F-secure is better than ESET. in my opinion, Norton too.

I dont care who is better or not, i just analyzed their results , and i observe that they are highly subjective, based on their own view and appreciation despite referencelike security or performance; i dont care what the editor think of a product; i just want results based on the software behavior.

Mr Softonic give high rate to Norton because he like the skin or design? come on.... who cares

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Light as a feather on one of my Laptops!!

I like what I have seen out of F-Secure.

My suite list:

1. Emsisoft
2. ESET
3. WSA
4. F-Secure
5. Comodo
6. Kaspersky
6. Avira
7. GData
8. Bullguard
9. Avast
10. AVG

Y

yigido

Why they do not test the paid Bitdefender instead of Bitdefender Free that is tha buggy one :p Softonic sucks..

Y

yigido

%30 editor choice means "Payment for the good results" Can you got it ?
Why they do not test the paid Bitdefender instead of Bitdefender Free that is tha buggy one :p Softonic sucks..
and then if you love test the free ones where is Comodo ?

and What they want to say about "Security" ? is it detection ? Protection ? Cleaning ? What is it ?
i guerss they did their test in 5mn,

Completely agreed..

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
These ratings are so breathtakingly foolish I'm at a loss for words.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.