Expired Softpedia 10 Year Anniversary: 50 Licenses for Acronis True Image Home 2012

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanF1

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Most users already know that Acronis True Image Home is a backup and recovery solution, but those familiar with the suite know that it is much more than just that. We have 50 licenses for the product, for all those that want to take advantage of its powerful hard disk recovery features as well as imaging abilities.

Apart from creating and restoring images, the functionality of the bundle is extensive and allows you to create bootable discs or USB devices to run the software offline, mount images as virtual drives, convert them to VHD format and boot from them (Boot Sequence Manager) on Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise; or simply run various applications in a sandboxed environment (Try&Decide) that does not apply any changes to the real system, unless you want to.

Contest Link

[attachment=871]

[attachment=872]

Attachments

• Softpedia-10-Year-Anniversary-50-Licenses-for-Acronis-True-Image-Home-2012-3.png
    Softpedia-10-Year-Anniversary-50-Licenses-for-Acronis-True-Image-Home-2012-3.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 582
  • Softpedia-10-Year-Anniversary-50-Licenses-for-Acronis-True-Image-Home-2012-5.png
    Softpedia-10-Year-Anniversary-50-Licenses-for-Acronis-True-Image-Home-2012-5.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 519

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Even if i got it free i wouldnt want it, i find it too bloated and i can get a free alternative that will do all i need it to do

NathanF1

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Suit yourself :)

There are excellent free options available - link to a MT thread.

To me, out of the three discussed in the thread Paragon is the bloated one. I don't have experience with EaseUS [feature packed] and can't comment on how reliable it is, and with imaging software the $64K question is will it restore a system image properly if and when required? I used Macrium Free for a very long time and was very happy with it.

Back on topic, ATIH is very good, has been reliable for me, it's considerably faster than Macrium. The only issues I'm having with it are:
  • that the updates aren't actually updates, but a full download of the new version [160+ MB]
  • Plus Pack is required for:
    • Ability to Restore to Dissimilar Hardware
    • Dynamic Disk Support
    • WinPE Support

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Macrium reflect and i like it way more than acronis :) i find it easier to set up and it just does what i need it to do, backup my hard drives

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks like a good giveaway. Will give it a try.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
imsoadude said:
Macrium reflect and i like it way more than acronis :) i find it easier to set up and it just does what i need it to do, backup my hard drives

Never heard of it, going to google it now... Back to the giveaway, slim chance of winning so most of time I don't even bother to enter because I'm just far too lazy like that. :biggrin:

E

Exorcizm

Acronis is a very highly regarded System Image backup tool, very much used in the professional business IT field for organisations!

Definately a free key would be nice!

This software is worth $80+ Australian! :)

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Acronis is a very highly regarded System Image backup tool, very much used in the professional business IT field for organisations!

Was your reply aimed at me, becaue I was on about never hearing of Macrium not Acronis as we all know it's well known brand.

E

Exorcizm

AyeAyeCaptain said:
Exorcizm said:

Was your reply aimed at me, becaue I was on about never hearing of Macrium not Acronis as we all know it's well known brand.

I was commenting on the thread altogethor :) I'm not taking anything out on you :)

Just updating everyone on how widely used Acronis is for people who don't know :D

:) Cheers!

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
+ Rep given for your reply, just because you thought of everyone who may not understand... I left my last messege a little too short and seemed almost abrasive like in tone. Good luck all who enter on this giveaway! ;)

E

Exorcizm

AyeAyeCaptain said:
+ Rep given for your reply, just because you thought of everyone who may not understand... I left my last messege a little too short and seemed almost abrasive like in tone. Good luck all who enter on this giveaway! ;)

Thankyou AyeAyeCaptain :)

Very much appreciated, your a good member!

Good luck all too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.