Mar 3, 2011
2cxNT.png

Fntq3.png

49mc9.png

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Nice and a very informative review endejan. I think the program is for beginners that doesn't know how to make their startup faster with msconfig or other tools for advanced users. +2! :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Will Soluto Anti-frustration run in real time?If yes how much CPU/Ram will use? :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
With Soluto users will have no worry in decreasing the bootup time since its easy to use and understand it.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've installed it and here are the results :

Chop boot
Your boot take : 1:51 min
44 Applications run in your bot

[attachment=338]
Lets see what can I remove :
[attachment=339]
Safely remove from the boot :
VMware.......and save 2 seconds.
And now lets see the 'Potentially removable' software :

[attachment=342]

[attachment=340]

[attachment=341]

Lighten Web Browser
Safely remove :
[attachment=343]
[attachment=344]
'Potentially removable'
[attachment=345]

Soluto Anti-frustration will run in real-time and it will use around 30MB/Ram.
[attachment=346]
[attachment=347]

Overall Soluto Anti-frustration can be a usefull tool,however I have been using for years now msconfig and Services manager to stop programs from starting up on boot.
[attachment=348]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 667
  • 3.png
    3.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 640
  • 2.png
    2.png
    105 KB · Views: 658
  • 5.png
    5.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 651
  • 4.png
    4.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 675
  • 6.png
    6.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 668
  • 8.png
    8.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 648
  • 7.png
    7.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 665
  • 11.png
    11.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 649
  • 10.png
    10.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 695
  • 1234.png
    1234.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 651
D

Deleted member 178

you just need to run soluto once then remove it, and use msconfig ^^

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
The UI is very animated, so it can be a bit laggy for some users.

Yes indeed back on my first PC it was very slow but won't be a problem with users and good performing PC's.

I've heard some users have been having even slower boot-ups then before, but hopefully that has been/will be fixed soon.

It's the process of Soluto running at startup itself which slows it down, Doing what umbrapolaris said would be better, As for the advanced users I've always used msconfig aswell but some startup items are hidden and aren't shown in msconfig so I win run WinPatrol Free which its startup manager shows hidden startup items.

Thanks for the review endejan + ;)

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
I know that this isn't the best tool for experienced users, but it's still very useful for beginner and intermediate, I don't use it that much, I usually would use a program like WinPatrol as Xidus mentioned, but I still have Soluto installed.

D

Deleted member 178

i just optimized the laptop of my ex-Girlfriend, the boot time took more than 3mn (Sony vaio dual core T6600, 4gb ram, w7 ultimate) too long... i cant find out what make it slow until i used soluto that show me it was Sony power management ... i removed the crap and soluto ^^, put many services in manual, now it boot in 1.30mn. thx and good bye soluto see u neext time ^^

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Nice review. :)

I'm not too l33t to say that I think Soluto has its uses, even for advanced users... ;)

I think it's a handy piece of software that is shaping up nicely.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Soluto's still a Beta so we might see huge improvements when the Final is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.