Expired [Solve & Win] Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6 Months License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
OK guys, I have 25 licenses for Emsisoft Anti-Malware [6months licenses] to give away to our members.

Emsisoft-Anti-Malware-7-0-0-12-Released.png

Description :

Puzzle 1 :
To bring a little fun I'll put a puzzle on the first page of this thread.
Some puzzles will not be easy to solve :)
First 5 members with right answer will win a license.

Puzzle 2 :

First 20 members will win the license :)

After each solved puzzle I'll post another one the day after around 3PM (GMT+1) time zone.
Be sure to visit MalwareTips in that time :)

Rules :
  • You have to be registered member of MalwareTips forums.
  • You have to have at least 2 posts, an introduction and your security configuration .
  • The response/answer should be understood and explained.
  • 1 post/answer per member, multiple accounts are against the rules of this forum.
  • As soon as defined number of members solve the puzzle the competition is closed until the next day and next puzzle, further posts/answers will be ignored and the thread will be closed for further posts.
  • Winners will soon get the license by PM (in inbox) on MalwareTips forums.
  • Licenses is for Emsisoft Anti-Malware and can be inserted within 1 month and 25 days
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUZZLE 1.

FROM WHERE COMES THE "HOLE" ???

Puzzle 1.jpg

solved!

----------------------------------------------------------

PUZZLE 2.
First 20 members wins.

Name 10 Antivirus vendors that has letter "R" in their name

note : I ask members who already won the license on the first puzzle not to post on second one. 1 license per member.

mmmory

Level 2
Verified
Nov 4, 2013
Thanks for the giveaway, fortunately I managed to snag myself a key from the promo earlier this week :) But I have a suggestion:
I think you shouldn't respond to any answer until there are 5 people solved the puzzle. If a person posts a wrong answer and you say that it's wrong, that would be unfair because you narrowed down the possibilites for other users. And of course you also shouldn't say if 1 person posts a correct answer, because you need 5 of them :)

Reactions: Ink

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
sorry if my english is bad.
There comes the box due to the displacement of the position of the orange box that is above the light green box to the side of the green box. and displacement of the position of the green box to the red box position and movement of the position of the red box to the green box position.

Reactions: illumination

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for the giveaway, fortunately I managed to snag myself a key from the promo earlier this week :) But I have a suggestion:
I think you shouldn't respond to any answer until there are 5 people solved the puzzle. If a person posts a wrong answer and you say that it's wrong, that would be unfair because you narrowed down the possibilites for other users. And of course you also shouldn't say if 1 person posts a correct answer, because you need 5 of them :)
I will count the answers, don't worry ;) this is just a clearance of the license keys I have, not really something serious like other official MT Giveaways, and I'll watch what I say in answers, just a little fun here, that's all. Have a nice day :)

Reactions: mmmory

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
It comes from 8th box from the graph 2. So from left hand of the box in the top the 8th box is RED in graph 1; whereas it is a whole in the 8th box in graph 2:D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
It comes from 8th box from the graph 2. So from left hand of the box in the top the 8th box is RED in graph 1; whereas it is a whole in the 8th box in graph 2:D
No no no :D You get the question wrong :) You see, all parts from the first triangle are misplaced in the second triangle. But if all parts are the same how comes that there is a hole in the second triangle?

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
It's an optical illusion , you loose one square because if you check it well, you can see that the hypotenuse is not straight, you can see a hole in first picture while its bombed on the second.

So upper triangle is not the same of lower triangle

I

illumination

im liking indra11tng's answer, as the box appears from the displacement of the orange and light green shapes..

Reactions: indra11tng
I

illumination

it is simple math, the light green box has 5 blocks on the bottom and 3 on top, the orange has 5 blocks on top and only 2 blocks on the bottom, hence the hole.. which has been created by displacing the orange and light green assemblies..

P.S. im not interested in a license, i just like helping to solve :D

Reactions: BoraMurdar

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
The top one has 39 boxes and the bottom one has 40 boxes. The orange and the light green are covered by squares, and their numbers are constant. But the other two have some squares and some triangles. These two are positioned in such a way that though they look not covering extra space, but the dark green one covers one extra box (not easy to see). In the pics look at the third column from left, the top one covers one less and the bottom one covers one extra box. thats why we have an extra empty box.

Last edited:

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
The hypotenuse on both graphics is slightly curved. The top graphic hypotenuse is slightly curved inwards, and the bottom graphic hypotenuse is slightly curved outwards.

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
It's an optical illusion , you loose one square because if you check it well, you can see that the hypotenuse is not straight, you can see a hole in first picture while its bombed on the second.

So upper triangle is not the same of lower triangle

Puzzle 1.jpg

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Yep, ok bros I didn't imagine it will go like this, but everyone who answered here will get the license, I'll message all of you that posted a reply even only @SifhX , @Jaspion and somewhat @jogs answer it correctly. Giving away licenses was the main reason anyway :D

The answer is :
Even the parts of these two triangles are the same, the position of them misplaced in the second triangle doesn't cover the same area. So, just because of red triangle part and dark green triangle part are in switched places it gives you an illusion that these 2 triangles are the same but obviously they are not.
First triangle has concave hypotenuse
Second triangle has convex hypotenuse.
It can barely be seen by a naked eye but enough to fill the "hole" that mysteriously vanishes from second triangle.

Thank you all for participating and see you tomorrow with new (much easier) puzzle/question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.