[Solved] comodo firewall False positive..?

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
False positive..? or conflict?
i dont know why.. comodo firewall give alert about this file

H9zbU.png

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
RE: comodo firewall False positive..?

Simply due to the nature of the file/services actions (due to its creation of a folder/file within the Windows directory) Comodo has falsely flagged it, possibly you have set or adjusted a higher heuristics level that may come into play, maybe not. This is one of the main reason I personally do not like Comodo as it requires user interaction for a file that should not be flagged and should be white-listed unless somehow modified by a malicious process (as long as you are sure this is not an issue all is fine). While I understand Comodo is doing its job here I prefer a solution that does not behave in such a way that I need to interact with it too much. I suppose I would say it is overly paranoid but some of this may be related to your settings too. I prefer a "set it and forget it" solution for the most part, IF I ever get infected or have a problem I am easily capable of remedying whatever it is, but it has not happened so far, I would simply Allow the file, submit it to Comodo and have it remember your answer. CIS or CFW is great in many ways but there are just some areas it could be "polished" a bit more I think.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

Tweak said:
Simply due to the nature of the file/services actions (due to its creation of a folder/file within the Windows directory) Comodo has falsely flagged it, possibly you have set or adjusted a higher heuristics level that may come into play, maybe not. This is one of the main reason I personally do not like Comodo as it requires user interaction for a file that should not be flagged and should be white-listed unless somehow modified by a malicious process (as long as you are sure this is not an issue all is fine). While I understand Comodo is doing its job here I prefer a solution that does not behave in such a way that I need to interact with it too much. I suppose I would say it is overly paranoid but some of this may be related to your settings too. I prefer a "set it and forget it" solution for the most part, IF I ever get infected or have a problem I am easily capable of remedying whatever it is, but it has not happened so far, I would simply Allow the file, submit it to Comodo and have it remember your answer. CIS or CFW is great in many ways but there are just some areas it could be "polished" a bit more I think.

i'm use default setting for firewall
just change to proactive security, even firewall security (default)
still give alert too :p
lol

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

Just allow it :) Of what I see Avast is updating itself or downloading updates.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

win7holic said:
False positive..? or conflict?
Not a false positive, not a conflict. This is a Defense+ (HIPS) pop-up (see Valentin N's reply). :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well actually that's normal if you know that avast was safe then submit to comodo analysis and allow it.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

yep.. i just share :)
hmm..
thx for all answer :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.